Return to Website

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum

Update: November 19,2008

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank everyone who has kept comming onto this site to honor James' memory and I want to personally welcome everyone who is new here.If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

~Angie

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Poems for James

As we are all starting new I thought it would be a good Idea to have a thread just for poems people have kindly wrote for James. I haven't wrote one YET but I will be writing some soon. Or if you know a song that reminds you of James then tell us.

God Bless James xx

Re: Poems for James

I think that is a great idea Julie!

Below is my favorite poem that helps ease the sadness I start to feel when I remember what he was made to endure. His life was horrifically cut short, but I believe he is in a place where no one could ever hurt him again.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle Autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there.
I did not die.

Unfortunately, the website where I found this poem stated that it did not have a title and the author was anonymous.

~Angie

I've seen this poem featured in so many memorial sites for children...including one for James called "An Innocent Angel".

It reminds me of what Ralph must have went through when they first found out about what happened to their precious baby James.

A Father's Grief

It must be very difficult
To be a man in grief,
Since "men don't cry"
and "men are strong"
No tears can bring relief.

To stand up to the test,
And field the calls and visitors
So she can get some rest.

They always ask if she's all right
And what she's going through.
But seldom take his hand and ask,
"My friend, but how are you?"

He hears her crying in the night
And thinks his heart will break.
He dries her tears and comforts her,
But "stays strong" for her sake.

To start each day anew.
And try to be so very brave-
He lost his baby too.

Eileen Knight Hagemeister

Beautiful poems, Angie and Beverly. This one is one of my favorites and it makes me want to cry every time I read it. It is from the poems page on the website a dream swiftly stolen.

Little Boy Blue

The little toy dog is covered with dust
But sturdy and staunch he stands;
The little toy soldier is red with rust,
And his musket moulds in his hands.
Time was when the little toy dog was new,
And the soldier was passing fair;
And that was the time when our Little Boy Blue
Kissed them and put them there.

"Now don't you go till I come back," he said,
"And don't you make any noise!"
So, toddling off to his trundle bed,
He dreamt of the pretty toys;
*But the next day came, and a horrible fate
**Stole away our Little Boy Blue-
Oh! the years are many, the years are long,
But the little toy friends are true!

Aye, faithful to Little Boy Blue they stand,
Each in the same old place,
Awaiting the touch of a little hand,
The smile of a little face;
And they wonder, as waiting the long years through
In the dust of that little chair,
What has become of our Little Boy Blue,
Since he kissed them and put them there.

Angie, how did you add the picture? Can we do that too now?

The picture of James is beautiful. Those big eyes! Makes you want to gently wipe the milk off he's face then pick him up and give him a big cuddle :o(

Yes the picture of James is a nice touch on the forum. Always there looking at us, reminding us why we come here. But what about the little picture that was posted with the poem, of the ocean with a heart on the water. Can we post little pics like that in our messages now?

Beverly, the poem you posted is such a beautiful poem. It gives a perfect perspective on the view of James' father's emotion to losing his precious child. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that Ralph must go through everyday. Would you mind my adding that poem to the 'Words' page on the website?

I too love the poem you posted on here Carla. It makes me tear up every time I read it.

~Angie

Yes Carla, you can add images now to the forum. Just a little extra feature I added to kinda spruce things up on here. I hope you guys like it.

~Angie

What beautiful poems...and sure you can put that poem in the Words page,Angie.I was just reading all the poems on there this afternoon,and they're all such touching tributes to James' memory.

Oh,and thanks for the extra pic feature...what a nice addition to the forum :)

Can you tell me how to add images to the posts Angie? I tried to figure it out on my own, but couldn't figure it out.

The poem at the beginning of this thread is called "Do not stand at my grave and weep" by Mary Elizabeth Frye.

I first heard "Mid-term break" by Seamus Heaney in an English lesson when I was at school. When our teacher finished reading it out to us all she told us it reminded her of when she first heard that James died. Now every time I think about James I remember that poem too.

Carla,just copy the html code of whatever image you want ,then paste it in the message area alongside your message.
And if you want to be sure that it looks the way you want it to,use the Preview Message option first.
I tried it out....you can put in images of different sizes.

thanks beverly!

This is my favorite poem relating to James. I can't remember where I first saw it but it is written as though by James and captures the fear and confusion he must have felt in the last couple hours of his life.

I was innocent, I did nothing wrong
So why did you take me and drag me along

I thought you two big boys just wanted a friend
How was I to know how it would end

And when you first hurt me, I know that I cried
But why did you take me and why had you lied?

I thought it was me that had made you feel mad
I didn’t understand that you were just bad

I’m just a little boy, Happy and fun
But why did you take me, just to hurt someone?

And when people came you did what you could
To make them think that we were all good

I was confused but I did what you told
But why did you take me, you’re ten years old.

I just wanted to play, I thought you did too
I’m just a little boy so I never knew

You picked me up sometimes and carried me too
But why did you take me, please, what did I do?

I’m just a little boy, my name is James
I’m feeling very scared, I don’t like these games

I walked with you everywhere even through a park
But why did you take me into the dark?

I’m getting tired now, I want to go home
I’m just a little boy, please leave me alone

I was good all the way, as two year olds are
But why did you take me and take me so far?

I’m just a little boy and I did all you said
Please, take me home, I want my warm bed

I’m nearly three years old, too young to know hate
So why did you take me, it’s dark and it’s late

I’m just a little boy, I don’t understand
How could you hurt me once you had taken my hand?

That's such a heartbreaking poem,Peter.

We'll never forget you,precious James....

A little brave soldier.

Remember me? I'm sure you do.
I'm the little boy who's forever two.
For those who know of me, i'm a little brave soldier
but for those who don't, my name is James Bulger.

This is my story of that fateful day.
February 12th when they took me away.
I was shopping with mummy,I wanted some fun
So when two boys called me, over I ran.

We looked round shops, we laughed and played.
Then I thought of my mum and wished I had stayed.
We went to a place the called the canal.
It was there they first hurt me, I started to wail.
I asked for my mummy, I needed her here!
and all they did was laugh and jeer.

People saw my tear stained face.
Why didn't they help me! such a disgrace!

It was getting dark and I was cold.
"We will find your mum" I was told.
But they were so nasty and kept punching me.
What did I do? I wasn't even three!!

We came to the tracks, by now it was late.
It was here I was to meet my fate.
I will tell you no more,
it will make you sad,
But millions know it was really bad!!!

I often visit mummy and she knows I do,
I visit my daddy and he knows too.

I'm a little angel, a beautiful one too.
When you let me in your heart I will forever be part of you.

So, now you know me, little James Bulger.
And i'm sure you'll agree, i'm a little brave soldier.

God Bless you James xx

Carla, I am sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was out of town for the holiday. Beverly did respond to your question correctly however and I am pleased it was helpful. Thanks Beverly!

Peter, the poem you posted made me cry the first time I read it and it made me cry again. Whoever wrote it truly captured James voice.

Thanks Will, for letting me know who the Author was and the title of the poem. The website I had found it in did not have either. It actually said the poem was written anonymously.

For James, thanks for posting your beautiful poem!

~Angie

Hi
The poem Peter posted was is called "I'm just a little boy"

And you hit the nail on the head with what you said about it Peter.

Heather.

there is a calmness about this site now, it's the only way i can describe it, lovely poems too

I wrote James a poem its actually on "words" part of the website.

This poem is from the book 'Tully' by Paullina Simons, and it reminds me so much of James.

'THE FOUR SEASONS'
It was always a hot summer
In the days we used to play
I could say it doesn't matter
But I'd give me all away
Now an autumn has passed and another one, too,
There will be many springs now,
All without you.

Our cold winters won't see you again
And neither will I
Till my seasons end
What hurts selfish me is not that you're gone,
But that I am still here,
And I'm all alone.

Spring, winter, and fall run into each other
I hope where you are it is one endless summer.

----------------------------------------

I pray to God with all my heart that James is happy.

awe Kerry that poem is so sweet. It reminds me of
Ralph and Denise having to stay here without him. I hope James is happy too, where ever he is now. I feel that they will never be truley happy again after what has happenend. That is one of the truley most heart breaking things for me is knowing the torture they have to live through for the rest of their lives. R&J didnt just torture James they tortured his whole family and all of us here who are grabbed in by the whole senseless murder, but mainly his family.There will always be an emptiness inside of me from this murder, its hard to describe, but it took away some of my innocence of trust,and that God wouldnt let a little child die this way, on a railway track all alone, to be run over by a train(tears again)how could God let this happen(could he not see what was going to happen to him) knowing that Ralph and Denise would never have closure and the belief that children are all pure until the age of accountability. I know children die from abuse and other sick things, but Ive never known anything as heartwrenching and sad as James case. There will never be no closure, no end to the pain. So my own way to deal with this is to think that maybe James was a more spiritual soul, that everything is preordained, but I am not God and cannot say anything more than anyone else. I cant even think of J&R and James in the same thought process. I cant even think of them at all, my emotions wont let me deal with them. Last of all, I am mad at God for letting this happen.It makes me think there is no God and if there is, why did he let this happen? I couldnt live through it, there would be noway.

I believe in my heart that James is happy. I truly think that in heaven, you feel all-consuming, indescribable joy. I feel that there is probably no sense of time passage, so that there is no realization that you are separated from your loved ones. Obviously, I have no idea, but that is what I believe. I don't know why God 'let' this happen, other than God gives us free will, and T and V chose to do this. I was also incredulous, and angry at God. After time, I have reconciled myself that as a mere mortal, I cannot begin to understand the huge scheme of things. Someday, after death, I hope to. I just have to keep my faith, and try to do things each day to honor James properly. Instead of thinking, "Oh, I should do this and such..." and not doing it, I really make the effort to do it--like helping a child or reaching out to someone in pain. I feel like I owe it to him.

I had also meant to say that I also feel that emptiness that you describe...that death of innocence. There is a part of me that is just sad inside--for James and all children that pass before their time--especially at the hands of others. Now, when I hear about tragedies happening to others, I don't just think "Oh, how terrible!" and go on with my day. I really stop and think about these people: who they were, and how their loved ones must feel. I am much more aware of the fragility of life, and how there are grieving people all around us.

I believe that Sunday, what you said about heaven.

I feel like T&V are/were criminally insane to do such a heartless, cold thing to a baby. I feel like the attention was on the public and outsiders who were threatening to kill them and it should have been on James and his family. I know it wasnt the entire public, but those of them who did, did not help James get justice.

Tiny angel rest your wings
sit with me for a while.
How I lomg to hold your hand
and see your tender smile.
Tiny angel, look at me,
I want his image clear....
That I will forget your precious face
is my biggist fear.
Tiny angel can you tell me,
why have you gone away?
You was not here for very long
why is it you couldn't stay?
Tiny angel shook his head..
"These things I do not know..
but I do know that you love me,
and that I love you so"

These poems are all so beautiful. I was away for Christmas, and it was so lovely to be with my sweet wee boy, as I'm on holiday. I've been so upset about this, and I emailed my ex-husband, and he said "What's this got to do with us? This happened years ago, so why are you thinking about it now"???? Now I know why he is my ex!! Nothing eases the pain of this for me - it just upsets me so much that no matter how long ago this happened, this beautiful boy had to endure this three or so hours - stolen from his mother who loved him more than the world. He was taken from a beautiful world where he was so adored, to a world of absolute horror. Like you Shelley, I have a bad time trying to see how God could let this happen - why couldn't he save baby James from this??? I know miracles happen, so why couldn't they happen on 12 February 1993 for James and his family?? I keep thinking what happiness James would have felt that day if only one person had saved him, taken him to the police station, and been reunited with his Mummy and Daddy - tears will never stop for this little boy, who held such promise. Please pray for this sad world James XOXOXOXO Loving you like a son, dear sweet angel.

I found this poem, by an unknown author, several years ago and lost it, but found it again when my nephew died in May. I want to post it for James.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glint on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you wake in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there, I did not die

I guess my other post didnt take, angie, I looked right over that poem up ahead...sorry, I like that poem and try to think about those things when I see them.

That poem, Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep - it is very uplifting - we had it when my father died back in 2006. I could be wrong, but may have read somewhere that it is Native Indian. It is so hard not to wallow in the sadness of what happened to James, and I wish I really could wipe this from my mind.

I know Kerry, its hard to do, but that will come with time. you will always think about what those kids did, but in time, it will soften the blow alittle. For atleast a year I had a hard time coming to terms with what those boys did, I still do today, but I dont just think about James D day anymore, I think about his beautiful smile and the light shining through his eyes in his pictures. I think about all kinds of things...what I can do to help in this world. I do want to add a song, the lyrics to Celine Dion's song "Fly" since Kathy has that song on her website, I thought I would write the words here. I love this song, every since I heard it on James Memorial page. I hope nobody has added this one yet..

"Fly" by Celine Dion

Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planet and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again

Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has just begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forever more
But hold this memory bittersweet
Until we meet

Fly, fly do not fear
Dont waste a breath, dont shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, dont wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I wont forget

Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only the angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light

as my darling little annick says, in her two-year old baby-mouse voice: "mama-saaaad, miss baby jaaaames".

every time i read or even think about james i am brought to tears. to believe in god- angels, or not. if they exist, wouldn't they have interfered in that particular case, as it was clear that the most innocent of souls was about to experience the greatest of all horrors?! i just don't know.

i think about james all the time and, though i never knew him, i love him. it's like his father said, that suddenly he became everyone's child. aren't they all ours, all the little children?

this is a poem that i wrote for him this year for the 15th anniversary of his murder, sweet angel baby.

Sail your baby boats
On an eternal ocean of blue
Your happy little sighs
Fingers dip in the warm water
Sweet salty kisses rain from the sky
Heaven cannot contain its tears
Nor the soul of the world
The depth of its sorrow
Sail free little boy
Your baby boats afloat forever

RIP Little Soul

I wanted to share this with everyone-doesnt it fit Little James' story!! If those people would have stopped for him!

THE BRICK

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared .. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, "What was that all about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?" The young boy was apologetic. "Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to do," He pleaded. "I threw the brick because no one else would stop..." With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. "It's my brother, "he said. "He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up." Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me.." Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out a linen handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay. "Thank you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger. Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy! push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home.
It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: "Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!" God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our choice to listen or not.

SO sad, so terrible!! A young one lost because some people would not stop, and take that precious baby from those boys! NO time, stupidity, or a dog, was what prevented James form being saved!!

Irina,

Your poem is beautiful.

I too find it hard to come to terms with the fact that God did not save James that day, and it's something as a Christian that has really confused me, and made me feel real doubt. I read somewhere that someone wrote that yes, God was with James - God placed so many people on his tragic journey that terrible day, who could have saved him - but I still struggle to think, why didn't he have the power to have just one of these people do something to save this baby. I don't understand. I don't understand how something so cruel, violent and utterly horrific could be allowed to happen to such a precious, innocent wee boy.

The grief I feel is immense, like many people, so I only wonder how Denise and Ralph have had the strength to carry on - I feel so, so sad for them.

Kerry

thank you kerry.
there is a photo of james'face above an ocean scape on a memorial site with the caption "although images of you may sometimes fade... your memory remains forever in my heart". when i see the ocean, seeming to go on forever, i feel comforted thinking of james like that, his soul continuing despite his mortal death. that's what inspired me to write the poem of him on the water, drifting forever. it makes me feel at peace to think of it.

poor darling james. i have always had doubts about god, questions about the nature of god, but i suppose that if you believe that god put all of those people in james' way that day to give him a chance at being rescued, the real tragedy is that not a single one of those people could save him, and it shows us that mankind needs a wakeup call. we are becoming too passive, uncaring and mindless.

what i find even more troubling is to imagine a three-year old and know that they are already at an age where they are able to communicate somewhat better than, say, a two year old. james must have been so trusting and also frightened, not to speak up that he was in trouble. those people who talked to him just gave up too soon. if only they had asked just one more time, was he alright, where was his mummy? surely he would have started to cry and they would have know he needed saving. if only...

now every time i feel a child might be lost or even just seems unsure, i watch to see what might be going on or see if i can help.

Hi Kerry!!

Hi Irena,

I feel the same way that you do! Now when I see any child looking as if they are in distress I intervene. Its not so easy going through life knowing what happened to little James but I think that God does has his reasons. I’m not saying that God wanted this to happen to poor little James by no means. But he put all of those people in James' path that day to intervene and they did not, that was his test to them and they failed miserably. They will pay for it is how I feel. Those people who watched and walked on by, those horrible people who shut their blinds as this helpless baby boy was beaten and then left to die such a horrific death-God will make them pay! I do believe. Ya' know I have heard so many other horrific stories, all the way down to grown men in Africa raping a 6 month old little girl thinking it would cure him form aids. And sadly it happens every day to the girls in Africa- no age matters. It’s a sick and cold world. It is very sad that children are the hunted-the weakest and naive of this world. You would think that it would be different considering they are our future, but sickos don’t care. All we can do is pray for our little ones and keep them safe in our homes-horrible I don’t even let my children play outside without me. I can’t do it-to scared, because I know that I am not strong enough to loose them. So I shelter them. It’s so awful that I have to do this, but it keeps me sane. I love this little boy James so much he will forever be in my heart and on my mind. My son is will be three next month. I could not fathom him ever going through what little James did. Nor can I fathom any other child to go through it-so forever as I live so will my over protecting nature to not only my children but other children too. This is our job-me and you I'm talking to be that over bearing child protector to all children not just our own. I just the other day was in a Wal-Mart when I notice this pretty little black headed girl crying looking for her Mommy! Her Mommy left the store "I forgot I took her with me” is what the piece of trash Mom said and guess what the police let her take her kid home! I could not believe it what if someone else would have found this little girl instead of me. The horror that could have took place. But God put me there to be her savor-I do believe..........TIFFANY

She forgot she took her with? REAllY!! Who did she think was watching her child as she was out shopping? I thought I heard it all...You know Tiffany, I took both of my boys with me everywhere until they got into preschool, when I would do my shopping while they were gone from noon until 3pm. I would pack my grocieries in my car and then panick when I was backing out of the parking lot because I didnt see them in their car seats, thinking I had forgot them, but they were at school, I was so use to them being with me. Sometimes when Im driving and they fall asleep and are too quiet, I look back to make sure they are still there...just making sure one of them didnt jump out of the suv while i was driving and then climbing onto the hood or something , lol, really though, I can be quite paranoid with my kids because of the things that happen in this day and age. When I hear about children being lost or missing, it makes my blood run cold... Children are so innocent and helpless, I cant understand why anyone would want to look into their eyes and see fear looking back at them.

Shelley! I totally agree with you!! I am just as paranoid as you are with mine, I freak out if I cant see my kids if were not in the house that is. I have seen and been through too much in my life to even fathem the crap happening to them that happend to me!! But yes you are right! How in the world do you "FORGET" you had your child with you? It bafaled me as well! But there are crazy people out there you are right!! That have NO right to have a kid! I was listening to the radio on Wednesday Morning, I live in texas and this crazy chick threw her 6 and 8 year old kids off of a bridge and then jumped herself!! Thats right! Look at Dallas' news!! Thank God the kids are ok and did not get hit by any cars but the Mom did! And thats what she deserves! And I hope she goes to prison for attemped murder on both of them! Those poor boys are goinf to be scared for life!!

i think people should be forced to take a mental competence test before even having children. how do you forget that you took your daughter shopping with you?! i think people are just too distracted these days, what with television, the internet, and multi-tasking everything- their brains turn to mush; they're too busy and some of them are unable to focus on important issues, like the well-being of their children (the most important concern, in my opinion).

that mother at walmart should be investigated for criminal negligence. what if someone else had taken that litte girl's hand, someone with bad intentions? i hope tiffany, that you told her she was lucky some pervert or psycho didn't find her daughter instead of you. maybe it would have made her realise how lucky she had been that it was you, and wake up to what's important in her life- her child!

as for that woman who threw her boys off the bridge, she had a history of negligence and it should have been clear to social services long before that her kids needed to be away from her. she just sounds like a nut.

makes me just want to hold my little sparrow so close to me all the time. i do give her lots of freedom though, because i want her to be independant, but while she is young she needs my protection and that of others too. all our little children do, they are so innocent and vulnerable.

HAPPY BIRTHDATE JAMES - Just goes to show that you will never be forgotten. I still hope to read your killers death notices in the news. It will haqppen soon.

My thoughts are with
Ralph & Denise tonight

God bless little Micheal who is a heaven sent child to them both. I believe Micheal was given to help them get over the most harsh of tadgety.

NEVER FORGET YOUR BIRTHDATE BABY BOY.....LOVED YOU FOREVER IT SEEMS.

Dearest baby James,

I never knew you,
I never touched you,
I never held you,
Nor did I ever hear you

But I see your beautiful face,
And I can hear your happy laugh,
I can feel your warm arms,
As I cuddle you in mine

For your are deep in my heart forever
And I will never forget you

-Sleep peacefully, sweetest angel in Heaven-

Love always, Kerry

Mourned, and never forgotten by Kerry and Giovanni Noaro
From New Zealand

Re: I had a life

I had a life
I was only two
Im not just a story
that was on the news

I had a life
as you all know
I use to laugh and dance
to Micheal Jackson videos

I had a life
I had my own red chair
Daddy worked on it everyday
with his loving care

I had a life
I use to play football
And mummy use to take me
to the mall

I had a life
I rode my go cart
down the hill
I was very smart
my mummy taught me well

I had a life
Childrens books I liked to read
I also liked
to ride in a taxi

I had a life
I was my grandpa's favorite
he played with me alot
he bought me my first puppet

I had a life
I'd kick the ball in the air
the get in trouble
And hide behind grandmas chair

I had a life
I ate frosties
in my favorite dish
I also had a tank
full of fish

I had a life
Everyday my cousin and I
played together
we were the same age
best friends forever

I had a life
as you all know
Im not just a story
to be told

I had a life
My name is
James Patrick Bulger

That's beautiful Shelley, and it is so TRUE. James is not just a 'banner' or 'symbol' for murdered or abducted children. And that is what Denise wants people to remember. And that's why so many of us strive to find out what we can about James' life, albeit so tragically short. He was so LOVED, so CHERISED, had such LAUGHTER. He was everything a little boy should be.

James will never stop moving me to tears though, because I know he was all these things, and it just makes it worse, knowing how this wonderful life was cut so short.

LIKE YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN

If I had no more time,
No more time left to be here,
Would you cherish what we had?
Was I everything you wished for in a son?

If I couldn't feel your loving touch,
And no longer were you with me,
I'd be wishing you were here,
To be everything that I'd been looking for

I don't want to forget the present is a gift,
And I don't want to take for granted the time
You were here with me,
Making me happy
Because Lord only knows another day
Is not really guaranteed

-James, I feel so much for your parents, God only knows how they have survived, but I realise they have something to cherish that the rest of us can only imagine, they have the memories and honour of having YOU as their dear son. The joy your brought them since the day you came into their lives, the absolute love and happiness you gave to them, will be with your mummy and daddy FOREVER. And that keeps them strong for you. You were a very special boy, and you remain so in the lives of so many of us who never even knew you, but who are waiting to meet you someday.

You are loved and remembered by so many XOXO

Kerry, that was absolutly beautiful!!

Very nice Kerry.

I wish I could be as creative as some of you when you write. My strength was always in math and science and failed in english. I wish I could express my feelings like some of you do, then maybe I can let some of it out.

These poems were beautiful and so extremely sad.
Shelley's "I had a Life", Beverly's "A father's Grief", Carla's "Little Boy Blue", Julie's untitled poem, Kerry's "The 4 seasons" and "Dearest Baby James" and of course Peter's poem which I can't even read through....
they all tug at my heart.

I, too, keep asking God why. I struggle with how am I supposed to believe in a God that would allow that to a 2 year old. I can't, but then where is James? And I'm in despair again.

I love reading your poems. You all have such good hearts and the poems really are beautiful.

Poems for James-Please all read!!

I want you all to please remember that God did put many people in Little James' path to stop his murder, it was there choice to leave him and let him be murdered. Do not loose your faith in God-as he gave so many hours and so many people that could have saved this baby, he is surely ashamed of all who let that baby die, who was walking there dog, who shut there curtains after seeing him being hit on, all who was in the park, and all who was in that mall while those two boys were stealing and being mean to the old lady, knowing that the boys should have been in school. You see, that opportunity was there first thing that morning when they were stealing from the stores-the police could have been called then and this baby would have never had to endure what the death that he did, and he would have celebrated his 18th birthday this year. Instead people like us who do care, who do love this baby and his family have to be his voice to make sure that if we ever see anything like a child being abused or hit, or children doing what there not supposed to do, or being where there not supposed to be-DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Who cares it’s not your kid! Raising children takes a community! Not just there parents-parents do not see there children every second of every day. It my child was doing something she or he is not supposed to do I want you to do something about it!! Don’t just watch!! Do something-Be Proactive!! That doesn’t mean you have to hit them! Grab them by the shirt- ask them where is your MOM, or DAD, call the police! Sure they might get into trouble, but that’s better than the child just building up their braveness and then murdering an innocent child right? I do believe so. Its not Gods fault-do you believe it now? He did not let it happen the people who watched it let it happen! And lastly, do not beat yourself up about James, it hurts my heart just as well, my son now is James' age then and I could not imagine the pain that he had to endure happening to my child, love your children and keep them safe-never ever forget James or his story keep him in your heart, like he is one of your own and believe in God, for he has James now and will never allow him to be hurt again. And James is not alone, he is with his baby sister, two little Angels sadly left this earth too soon, but surly they watch over their Mum and Dad, and their younger brothers
and sisters that they never got a chance to meet. I hope that when I die I can be blessed enough to meet James and hug him and tell him how precious he is and how he inspired me to be a great mother and a great person in general. This baby changed my life in so many ways, I think of him daily, and I cry for him all the time. The pain never goes away, but the crying helps. Looking into my sons eyes and loving him make me happy again. As we go on living our lives, think of what you can do to change this world to protect the children, or to just make yourself a better person-That is what I got out of this. Jamie is forever a child with my love, a child that has my heart and a child that changed my life. God protect us, keep us and all the children in this world from bearing any pain. Keep us safe and free from all harm and let us meet here again tomorrow. Amen.

I agree, I have a poem on James word page, I would like to see some of these posted on there as well, by all of you, Kerry, Sarah and the rest, your poems are all so beautiful. Colleen, I never did any good in science or math...those kids were always the smart kids, lol, but I did excel in art and Literature. I agree with you Tiffany, that was a beautiful post and straight to the point for me...God didnt let it happen, but I guess we were wondering why something miraculous didnt happen, like maybe some teenagers coming onto that railway and witnessing those boys actually throwing the paint on James face before they started throwing bricks, they couldnt have lied about what they were doing then or why one of those people didnt stop and help him. I guess you hit the nail on the head when you said it takes a community to raise a child and we have to look out for all children and your right....I think back to the old days when families use to all live together, before mothers were isolated and responsible for their own children. When the whole family, aunts and uncles, grandparents, the whole trible were raised together and everyone raised the kids and the kids all ran together...I hope oneday we get back to those basic roots of our heritage.

1 2