Return to Website

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum

Update: November 19,2008

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank everyone who has kept comming onto this site to honor James' memory and I want to personally welcome everyone who is new here.If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

~Angie

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JAMES GRAVE LOCATION

Hi !!!

I'm planning to go to Liverpool sometime next summer. Can someone tell me the exact location of James' grave ?
Thx.

Re: JAMES GRAVE LOCATION

Hi Stephane,

James' grave is in Walton Cenetery in Liverpool. The Cemetery is on Longmoor Lane on the border of the district of Fazackerly. Enter the Cemerery from Longmoor Lane and walk up the path About two hundred Meters in the pathway splits. take the path to he left and James's grave is on the corner under a big tree.

Whenever I'm in England I always visit and place flowers on his grave. Even if I have to drive all the way from London to do so.

Thanks a lot Peter.

I will place flowers from France.

ID LOVE TO GO THERE BUT ITS HARD WIV YUNG CHILDREN MYSELF N NOT BEING ABLE 2 GET THERE

RIP LITTLE UN UR ALWAYS IN MY HEART XXX

Thanks for that location info.. Are the train links any good do you know as I dont drive.

Is there a flower stall nearby? I am going to take my 18 month daughter up there soon to pay my respects.

thanks again

..oh and are you sure its not Kirkdale cemetery?

Hi Gaz. Follow Peters directions as he has been there many times.

The cemetery off Longmooor Lane is called Kirkdale Cemetery, Walton Cemetery is the one near the police station on Rice Lane.

The nearest florist to Kirkdale Cemetery that I can think of is that one on Orrell Lane. Can't think of the name of it but you can't miss it.

When you get a train into Liverpool, you'll probably end up at Lime Street Station. It's about a five minute walk to Liverpool Central. Just ask a passer-by if you can't find it. You'll want the train to Orrell Park. Be warned, they can get VERY packed. I think you'd be better off getting a taxi from Lime Street. They're all parked outside the exit past the pasty shop.

Does anybody know what the situation is with James's grave?

Does James's family wish to keep his final resting place as a place of private grief or do they welcome people coming to pay their respects? I would like to visit also but don’t want to impose on the family of James?

...why haven’t Liverpool city council created a memorial to James?

What’s going on?

Sorry all, I have been away for the last week or so. You are quite right. It is Kirkdale cemetery on Longmore lane. I don't know where my head was when I said Walton cemetery. Sorry for the confusion.

As for other questions, there is a florist just opposite the main gate of the cemetery. I have no idea which busses go out to Longmore lane as I always drive. Anyone that does drive, approach Liverpool on the M62 and follow the signs for Bootle, Southport and Docks. This will take you onto the M57. Come off at the Fazackerly exit and turn left. This is Longmore lane. There are good train connections into Liverpool from all over the U.K. and Fazackerly Station is on a branch line out of Liverpool and is on Longmore Lane. Exit the station and turn Right. The Cemetery is about half a mile away.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Hey, I am very far away, in New Zealand, and although I've been to England lots of times, I didn't have this beautiful boy in my mind at all, as I do now, otherwise I would have gone to his grave everytime. I know this is a longshot, but if anyone is thinking to go there in the future, I would really like to send something small to you to take to his grave for me - I feel so much, and need to do this. What do you think? ALso, do you know, does Denise Fergus still have any website going? Does anyone know if she looks at any of these sites? My heart is broken at the moment, but I just cannot ever imagine how these parents have been able to continue - they are so strong!!!!! But I can see so much the suffering in that dear woman's face. And how can some of the media be so incredibly cruel to her? What sort of people are they? The parents of beautiful James need to be supported and loved, and so much more. I wish so much I could offer them something, but I know nothing will ever soothe the unimaginable pain of having that beautiful baby taken from them. You could just see what a wonderfully close relationship little James had with his parents, and especially his mother. I keep imagining how wonderful it would have been for James, if only one of those people who encountered him with those creatures had saved him - how he would have been so happy to be back in the arms of his mum and dad - oh what could, and should have been............

Hello,

I remember sometime ago on this forum before things got out of control, we had a discussion on getting together for either James ( what would be 21st birthday ) or James memorial which falls close to his 21st. Well the talk was of meeting in england on one of those particular dates, are those people who talked of this still interested... I know I am but really dont think I would ever do it on my own..

Thankyou
Heather

Heather, I was one who was interested, but I thought it would be nice to go around his 18th birthday and also liverpool is the capital of culture in 2008. But that might actually make it a bad time to go since there will be a lot of tourists and it will be expensive. I have been saving money to go, but don't think 2008 will be a good time, possibly the next year. I don't know if I could wait until his 21st cause I have been wanting to go so bad for quite a while.

You dont have to stay in liverpool...

Manchester would be a better place to stay and only 45 mins on the train

Carla, Well I am very interested in going and yes it was his 18th as you mentioned not his 21st. I would like to go for his 18th but not sure if time and money would permit it at that stage.

Anyway maybe we should start new thread on this particular topic to get things going about it once again and all come to some arrangment with those who would like to do it also.

Heather

Flights are generally cheaper to Manchester as well. Yes, good idea Heather!

I'm all for it, it would be nice to meet some of you.

Hello All, I hope that everyone is enjoying a peaceful Christmas.

I posted this once before but given the recent talk of visiting James's grave and also for new posters who might be interested I though I would post it again.

If anyone would like to make a virtual visit to James's Grave you can do so with Google Earth. It is a free download from google, for those who don't know. It takes about three or four minutes to install and is very easy. So, assuming you have access to Google Earth.

In the address bar type in "123 Longmoor Lane, Liverpool, L9, U.K." and hit enter. When the map stops and the image becomes clear you will be looking at a picture of a suburb of Liverpool and in the center of that picture is Kirkdale Cemetery. Zoom in on the picture keeping the Cemetary in the center of the picture. In the center of the Cemetery is a large grassy square with some bushes in the center and surrounded by trees.

Now move your cursor over the trees on the left hand side of the square until the Coordinates (on the botton of the screen) read....... 53 28 08.37N and 2 56 53.00W

Your cursor will then be directly over a tree at the side of the grassy square. James's Grave is directly under that tree. On that tree is a little plaque that says "James Special Place" and there is a little area at the foot of the tree with a few plants and ornaments and James's Christmas tree.

If nothing else this will allow you to see where he rests. Also at the foot of the tree, beside his grave is a little bench. I remember the first time I visited his grave and I sat on the bench for about an hour experiencing such a profound sence of sadness it was actually painful. I have said it before and I make no excuses for saying it again, I am, and always will be, in absolute awe of both Ralph and Dennise for having the strength, courage and dignity to carry on after loosing this little boy in the way they did.

But as sad as the experience was I went away from there with a peace I had not felt since I first learned of the story the day he went missing.

Amen to that!

Thanks for that Peter

I'm thinking of going up there soon....

thanks again

I used google earth but it's all blury above James grave and the tree hides everything.
Can you help ?

Hi Stephane,

Google Earth is only good, from a focus point of view down to a couple of thousand feet. If you try and zoom in any more it just won't focus. An overview of the Cemetery is about the best it will give you, hence my attempts at a description of his grave and what is hidden by the canopy of the tree. His grave is on the end of a line of graves and the path runs at the side of his grave. For a better look the only thing I can suggest is a visit to Liverpool.

Well, I found the cemetery but have no idea where the grave is! At least I think its the cemetery!! Its the only place with loads of trees and quite a big cemetery? Is his grave under the tree right in the middle of the cemetery, with only one tree there? I also found my house! and it was a much better picture than the one in Liverpool and we have one of them large pools in the garden and I could see that quite clearly and even next doors stepping stones! I got my parents house up and up the road from them there is a cemetery and I zoomed in on that and you could see the graves. It was a really good picture but I can't get a good picture like that in Liverpool. Maybe its to do with location. Thanks anyway Peter. At least I got an idea of where he is. I will go one day in person.

Hi everybody, sorry I have not been on in a while, I have just moved again so was really busy! I tried looking on google earth to find James gravesite once before, but was unable to find it, I'm gonna try again. I have a question, I have noticed since the last time I was on that three of the threads have sticky on them, what does that mean?

I think thats to keep them up the top of the page Carla. Could be wrong, but thats all I can think off.

Thats kind of what I thought or that it was to prevent them from disapearing when they got close to the bottom, but I see that the thread about James being stolen by evils is still there, so maybe they are not automatically being deleted anymore.

I would love to go over & be there for the opening of the Red Balloon Learner Centre. It would be nice to see the memorial that will not only ensure sweet James Bulger will not be forgotten, but provide some desperately needed help to bullied children

I would love to go too when the James Bulger House opens, but I'm going this summer so I probably won't be able to. Who knows though, we never really know what is going to happen in the future. And I was thinking about doing up a book from all of us that we could take to the grave for Denise, but you know what I think we should do it for the school, so we can share with its pupils how much James has meant to us all. and our poems and all that, I think that would be great.