Return to Website

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum

Update: November 19,2008

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank everyone who has kept comming onto this site to honor James' memory and I want to personally welcome everyone who is new here.If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

~Angie

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thought it was time to share this!

Hey all,some of you I am closer to than others and those who know me well know that I have a very strong 6th sense. I wrote this poem for my friend(who lost her husband this winter),from her husbands point of view. Then I gave it to her tucked inside the bear we had made for her. When she read it she cried and couldn't believe that he hadn't written it himself and told me that he must have been sitting by my side! That made me feel positive knowing that he was still alive in the spirit and that I could help bring that to her on Valentines Day! Apparently Valentines Day was his favorite holiday and I did not know that while writing this poem. I have been holding back putting it up here but I feel the time is right now. This poem not only represents Shaun but also anyone else who is looking down from Heaven!!

Dedicated to Shaun from heaven!

I look down from heaven,watching you cry!
You look up to heaven asking God why?

I know there's no answer that will put your heart at ease.
You pray every night for the pain to cease!

I never got to say,all that I wanted to say.
You know deep in your heart that that's okay!

I lived my life the best way that I could.
You helped me on that journey,the way a wife should.

I loved your children,like they were my own.
You gave me a beautiful daughter to fill our lovely home.

I'm with God now and there will be no more pain for me.
You will be here one day,when your soul is set free!

I look down from heaven,wiping away your tears.
You look up to heaven and still are filled with fears!

I want you to know,my soul always lives on.
You know that deep down,even though my body's gone.

I look forward to the day that I meet up with you again.
You'll forget all the sadness and how hard it's been.

I will always love you,so keep that beautiful smile.
And remember I'll be seeing you again,after awhile.

The time shall pass,even if it seems slow!
I'm looking down on you saying Happy Valentine's though!!

RIP Shaun Spinks and all the precious souls who died in violence!!

Re: Thought it was time to share this!

Hi Sarah

This is a lovely poem, after all your friend had been through this poem was a sign of true love and understanding from a true friend. It really gives me faith to read something like this because life and all the emotions it throws at us can be so terribly difficult to deal with at times.

Angela xx

Sarah,your friend is truly blessed to have you by her side. God bless you both.

That is a beautiful poem Sarah, and that is very touching that your friend felt the words as if they were coming straight from him. Did she notice the shirt the bear was made from?

Sarah this is a beautiful poem. I loved it!

Sarah, it is a very beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you all I do feel that he was by my side while writing this. She has known me for years and knows all about my mind. She is very religious and has said that I am going to do great things that I don't even know about yet and that one day I will become some kind of prophet or advocate. I hope she is right. I love nothing more than to help others and be involved in changing some of the worldly problems. Yes Carla she recognized it right away and said he used to want to wear it all the time to church and she would say "you wore that last week!" lol. I love that I can give her great comfort in my words(through his eyes) and that's really all I need in life. Thank you again.

Sarah, that was beautiful. Your friend is very blessed to have you, especially at this dreadful time. Losing those so close to us is the worst thing - partners, parents, children. I've been worrying lots about the inevitability of losing my beautiful mum. She is my true friend and support, and even though she's not sick or anything, I've been dwelling too much on this lately. But to have faith, and to hope that those who are good, and are loved, do go to the 'other side', does give us who are left behind comfort. To know that we will oneday be able to embrace them, and walk and talk once again with them.

Thank you Kerry. I am glad to see you made it to the forum! Sorry to hear that you are sad about your mom and not having her here one day. I go through the same thing and freak myself out at the thought that those we see will die one day. Hard to comprehend but as long as we keep having faith in something good we can make it through the hard times! Peace and Love to you

Thats beautiful Sarah! Your friend is lucky to have you :o)

Yes Sarah, it truly is beautiful. You are a very special person and loyal friend.xo

Awww thanks ladies!

Sarah, I like all your poems so much but they make me cry so I do not response right away and do resd them step by step xox I working on getting tougher

I must have looked right past this poem before. I really love this poem, so beautiful. I was reading what you wrote Sarah, about having him sit right next to you as you were writing that. I felt the same way when I wrote James poem on the poems page, but I have to admit, I did pray and ask him to help me before hand. I did so because I wanted some of the grief on here to be lightened, although I was going through my own grief at the time, I was finding peace with it. We are alot alike in that way I feel, then again... it might just be that contaminated Illinois water