Return to Website

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum

Update: November 19,2008

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank everyone who has kept comming onto this site to honor James' memory and I want to personally welcome everyone who is new here.If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

~Angie

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fathers story documentary

Carla if you are still interested in converting the fathers story documentary from VOB format to avi i have found a free program that should work:

http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx

Re: fathers story documentary

Thank you, I will try it out!!

*crosses fingers*

I hope it works!!

I hope so too. I have been wanting to watch this one for what seems like forever now.

Ok, it would work, but the only way to do it for free would be to have the watermark across the centre and I didn't want that, if you don't want their watermark on it then you have to pay..... so I decided to stick with the one I already had planned on using in the first place and the good news is....................................................................................................... I bought it!!!!! I finally bought it, cost only 34 bucks! not too bad! And I am in the process of converting right now! I will post it when its up!

Ok it was successful!! I am going to upload it onto youtube tomorrow because for some reason the audio doesn't line up with the visual and it is badly off, so i'm gonna try and make it a bit better.

WooHoo!! Let us know when it's up!

Thank you soooo much. :)

Carla thats great!!!

Thank you very very much!!!!!!!
xox

Thanks Carla, you are awesome!!

Thanks Carla!!

Ok, Finally!!! After a heap of trouble with part two I finally got them all posted on youtube! The quality of part two is so poor because I had to compress the file, although I made it short for some reason it kept shutting my computer off when I was trying to publish it. So I appologize for the poor quality, I did my best! Also it was really weird, the begining of the entire doc the words lined up with the mouth movements, but by the end of the doc it was so far off it wasn't even funny. So in each part 1-6 I was able to line up the words with the mouth movements, but as the clip goes on it somehow gets out of sync. I can't explain why? I have no clue!! But my guess is that you will all be happy to see the doc. Here is part one and if the thread gets too long you might find the remaining parts on the second page.

Just realized that I am having more problems with that part two, but I think I fixed it and just waiting for it to upload onto youtube and then I will post. it shouldn't take long its only a 6 minute clip. The one that I had uploaded earlier I just realized was 46 mins??? Don't know what happened there. and youtube wouldn't allow it on. But after the first 6 mins it was all blank.

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Thanks Carla.

that was a very emotional video. God Bless you Ralph.

Thank you very much Carla,very touching,and brought tears to my eyes,and anger as well on some points whenI heard this Loflin guy.

Thank you so, so much Carla!

The emotion I feel remains raw, even though I try not to dwell so much on James' last hours. An absolute tragedy.

Please God, forever watch over Denise and Ralph and their families, and let little James be reunited with them in Heaven.

xox

Carla, thank you for posting this. I have always wanted to hear about Ralph and what he was going thru. I can understand everyones anger. I felt the same as I watched it. It is so heartbreaking to hear Ralph talk about James. The picture of him and James together is so sweet. I haven never seen it before and the video of him smiling with the other children breaks my heart. I of course cried when that part came on.

James, you will forever be in my heart!

The documentary was so sad.It was heartbreaking how Ralph talks about James and what happened.So personal.We all must pray to help him heal.At the end when he places the flowers on the rail tracks is so heart wrenching.
Thanks for posting them.
Maria Assalone

Thanks Carla for posting it. It is so very sad. For me it brings up the anger at those two boys again, for what they so senselessly and brutally stole. Just heartbreaking.

Lisa, like you I loved that picture of James and Ralph. James was such an adorable little boy and seemed to have such a happy life with so much promise ahead of him. I love those video clips of him.

I pray that Ralph will find some peace somehow. As he said, he will never be the same person again and I think that's true. There will always be that part of him which is missing and gone forever. But hopefully he will find some peace somehow despite that.

And Maria, welcome to the forum! If you have posted before, I haven't seen it, but in case you are new here, welcome! There are such wonderful, compassionate, sensitive people on this forum that understand exactly how we all feel.

Thanks for having me.Lisa introduced to this forum.I have been viewing it but couldn't resist after seeing the videos.

Also that man from the US supporting the boys was driving me crazy.I cannot believe the things he was saying.What about poor James and his family!!Disgusting!

Welcome to the Forum Maria, happy to have you here!

Thank you Carla. Brought back all the emotions again. that was so sad. Poor Ralph. The bit at the end where he laid the flowers just broke me and then it brought back the same question what I have always had problems with which is if there is a God then why would he let this happen!! I know we have talked about this many times but why would the man who were all meant to worship let this happen?!! I don't understand and never will.

Hi Julie, I haven't seen those other discussions before, although for me personally what happened to James does not shake my confidence in God at all. I believe we are all given free will and while God may try to influence our choices/decisions, in the end it is us who decide. I don't believe in fate at all. God tries to influence us to be a power of good in the world, but in the end, it is our choice. We will then be judged by what choices we have made.

I also believe very strongly in karma, but that's a separate issue.

Yes, Maria, I agree with you about that American lawyer. I had to fast forward over him because he was so irritating to watch. I honestly cannot understand why it would be any business of his whatsoever. Probably just an opportunist who saw a chance to get his name attached to a high-profile case. Unfortunately, the Justice System is so very, very flawed.

I am so glad I wasn't the only one who skipped listening to the American guy lol. As soon as I heard he's name I knew I didn't want to hear what he has to say. Stupid man.

I could only watch a little of this right now. I don't know if I'm ready to watch the whole thing yet as much as I appreciate Carla posting it. After seeing how distraught Ralph was it just broke my heart all over again.

It's funny a was all for this getting posted and I just keep putting off watching it. :hrm:

I know it will get everything going again inside.

I know what you mean about watching it.It will put you into a really bad place.Look how we feel,I can't even image what goes on in Ralph & Denise's minds.We just have to pray to God to give them emotional healing to help all thier anger and anguish.So sad.
Thanks for having me in the group.

Yes, it is hard to watch and you have to be in the right mindset to even start it. But for me, it was important to hear Ralph and I am glad I watched it. There is so much more out there with Denise and so little about Ralph. He really does open his heart in this show and it's painful for him and for us to see, but he must want us to see it and try to understand what it is like for him.

My heart really broke all over when I watched the video. I had also wondered how Ralph was doing and how he was able to cope with the tragedy. His pain is so raw, you just want to be able to turn the clock back and undo all of it for James and him and of course that isn't possible. I really wondered if the American lawyer would feel the same way about the criminals' rights if this had been his own son. I highly doubt it. The priest seemed like a wonderful, caring person in whom Ralph had been able to find support. I'm hoping that more healing has occurred in the years since this film was made. God bless Ralph and James' whole family.

Carla, I can't thank you enough for posting this so everyone could see it. The photos of Ralph and Denise together--so young and happy--are just beautiful. The photo of Ralph and James is so sweet and precious. James looks just like an angel--so ethereal! Even though I have been a bit consumed by family matters and haven't been able to participate as much in discussion here or on FB, I think of James and his family every day. I applaud the work of you, Sarah, Lisa, Jennifer, Ali, Jacqueline and all of the crew. I wish I could do more, but now is just not a good time for me. I may try to donate more money over the summer...

Maria, welcome!! I am so glad you are posting here. I haven't been here in a while, but that doesn't mean I don't think of James everyday. I can tell that all of us were deeply affected by Ralph's story and feel for him tremendously. I only hope that he is at peace now.

as much as I'd really like to watch this to get some insight into Ralph... I cant do it. I have been curious to know more about James' father but I know if I watch these clips I'll be back in a place I was a few weeks ago... I had a hard time looking at my son without my gut wrenching. Thankfully, Its started to get better over the past week.