Return to Website

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum

Update: November 19,2008

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank everyone who has kept comming onto this site to honor James' memory and I want to personally welcome everyone who is new here.If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

~Angie

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Discovering this crime again 17 years later

I was 19 years old when this crime occurred. I thought it was terrible at the time, but I was 19 and I didn't have kids, I wasn't able to absorb it on the level only a parent can.

Fast forward to last week (Feb 5 2010) I received an out-dated email petition about one little James Bulger. There was a link to a news story about the case and I instantly remembered all the details from 1993. But I am 35 years old now and the father of a 2 year old son. It hit me so hard this time that I literally fell apart. It was like someone punched me in the stomach over and over again. This whole horrible thing, I am seeing for the first time as a parent of a two year old boy. I can't comprehend how any human being could have gone through with what those two evil *******s did. And like many people here, whos posts I have read, I am appauled and utterly disgusted that any legal system has allowed these two pathetic evil creatures a new life free and clear. These two murderers should have NO RIGHTS EVER! Their identities should be made public IMMEDIATELY and that's all there is to it.
On a scale of horrible crimes, V&T have created a whole new level... you can not commit a more heinous, evil crime. It is impossible. There is no worse crime than what they committed. And there is NO EXCUSE for these two. I don't care what their childhood was like (millions of children have unfortunate upbringings and they don't murder babies). These two are a different breed and should never have been allowed protective release from prison. Also, at the age of ten (almost 11) they were 100% aware of what they were doing and how horrible and wrong it was. We have all been 10 years old and I know that when I was 10 I was extremely well aware of right and wrong and CONSEQUENCE, anyone who thinks differently is delusional.

I was completely shocked to read that V&T had been released only 8 years after their crime... and now live with clean records and new identities!!!!! This is uncomprehensible... and I can't understand, how in this day and age, their identities have not become public knowledge.

I realize a great deal of time has passed since this took place, but how can any human being forget this or simply "let it go" HOW???? T&V must pay for what they did... and 8 years in juvenile hall is not even a drop in the bucket of what they deserve. Its not even a punishment as far as Im concerned.

My heart will ache forever for lil James and his two parents (I can't fathom how they have gone on after what happened, they are stronger than I could ever be). and I hug my lil guy so tight now... it makes you realize how precious every single second you have with your children is.

If there is anything I can do to help bring justice to lil innocent baby James and his family please feel free to contact me.

babies/toddlers are the purest most innocent beings alive. Their entire existence is pure. Every thing they see is a new adventure, they have a very few precious years where all they are supposed to be are innocent creatures, here to explore the world, take everything in like sponges, be happy and free and have not a single care in the world. It is every childs right and James was violently robbed of that. There must be justice for James and it should be the priority of every parent who values the innocence of children.. the passing of time should not be an excuse to let these criminals live free.

Thank you for hearing what I have to say.

Re: Discovering this crime again 17 years later

Welcome to the forum! There are so many wonderful people here who will understand exactly what you are feeling.

Yes, word for word you describe almost exactly how I felt. Like you, I remember hearing about the story when it first happened but being 20 years old and not a parent, it didn't affect me as much. I have the memory of seeing that news that day, and the emotion I felt, but it quickly dissipated as I got back to my normal life. When I finally discovered James' story (including actually learning about the boy, which I knew nothing about before), and being a mother, it hit me so hard. Never had a story affected me so much. I know many still cannot understand, but it is so comforting to know and find there are others who have had the exact same experience.

Remembering James and his family today, and hoping James Bulger House will be open very soon.

I also agree that you said about the innocence of children. I think that's why James' story has affected so many people all over the world. Yes, he was a British boy from Liverpool, but at that age, there really is no nationality ... two-year-olds are intrinsically the same, untouched by nationality, by culture, by socioeconomic status ... I think that's why we can all relate to James (if we're parents) as our own child.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Your post is almost identical to my first post on this forum. It's quite amazing because your story is almost exactly the same as mine. I was 21 when James was taken and remember it being a horrible crime but when I received the same email petition you did I broke down. I am now 38 and a mother of 2 boys aged (nearly) 4 and 5.

Thanks to this forum I have made the most amazing friends who understand and share my feelings for James and his family. Many of us find that most people just don't understand how James has impacted our lives, so we are grateful we have eachother.

The best part is that most of us are in touch with James' mother Denise and she is aware of how much we care and remember James.

I look forward to chatting with you again on here.

Take care,

Ali

My daugter was almost the same age back then and I had just moved back to Ireland from Liverpool! Now I am also the mother of a 2 yr old son and am constantly thinking about James ( I got an email lately asking me to stop the killers release) I think a lot of new mums dont realise they were released in 2001! I jumped for joy tonight when I heard one of them is back in jail, I think they are sick kids, we all know the sick kids in our own towns that we can do nothing about but they do exist. God bless James little angel u will never b forgotton x