Return to Website

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum

Update: November 19,2008

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank everyone who has kept comming onto this site to honor James' memory and I want to personally welcome everyone who is new here.If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

~Angie

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jon Venables

Hi Angie,

It's been a while since I last posted. That doesn't mean that I am not still haunted by James and his story.

The re-arrest of Venables has brought everything back to the front of my mind again. Seeing Denise still in torment 17 years after James' Murder and listening to the same empty suits try and justify what is going on with the same lame reasoning as they did ten years ago is as disgusting now a it was all those years ago.

Venables will get what is coming to him and Thompson will follow one day. None of this makes the slightest difference to anything. Regardless of what happens now or what might happen in the future, I just want to remind everyone to keep Denise and Ralph and their families in their thoughts and prayers and to, once again, stop and remember a precious little soul who showed more innocence, bravery and grace in his brief life than most will ever know. God bless and keep you James.

Re: Jon Venables

I agree Peter, I'll never forget what they did to James.

I think about James all the time, it never gets easier as my son is the same age as James should be now. I am always reminded each birthday what Ralph and Denise have missed.

I remember 20 years ago on the day they found James body. I looked at the TV and looked at my baby (the same age) and picked him up and cried so hard my mother had to take him from me as I sobbed. I don't think I have ever been totally the same again.

I don't know what sort of mother I would have been, had I not seen and felt such devastation and pain associated with being a mother the same age as Denise with our first child, and James's shocking murder unfolding in front of me. I became so over protective at times it was ridiculous. I couldn't even let my mother babysit any more because I had to be with him every second.

Those monsters stole my freedom too, they changed me into a person I may have never been. I would have liked to have been more relaxed and enjoy my son, but James was never far from my thoughts and it had to change the way I acted to things. I couldn't let my son out of my site, it was hard.