Return to Website

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum

Update: November 19,2008

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank everyone who has kept comming onto this site to honor James' memory and I want to personally welcome everyone who is new here.If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

~Angie

A Dream Swiftly Stolen Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
watching my 10 yr old son grow

He is playing outside in the yard with his ball and laughing innocently with his friends. He is so young and full of life. He is barely 4'9" inches tall and weighs approximately 90lbs. His youth shows through his sparkling brown eyes and childish laughter. His hair is curly and brown. He runs up to me and gives me kisses. He crawls in bed with me at night when he has a bad day at school or a bad dream. He still lays his head in my lap when he is sick or tired and falls asleep. He has cartoon character bed sheets. He has stuffed animals next to his bed. His toybox is filled with trucks, boats,cars and legos that 10yr olds play with. I still give him showers a few days a week because I know he isnt properly cleaning himself on his own. I can hear him crying when he gets hurt or when the other kids are being mean. I make him brush his teeth because I know he will forget he is still too young to care about tooth decay. I comb his hair because he will leave it messy. He has little interest in girls yet. He still trusts adults. I monitor his clothing because he wont care if its clean. He still has a slight lisp on his S's. His cheeks are still full and rosey. He still needs help picking out his clothes because he doesnt color coordinate. His curfew is 5pm on school days and bedtime is 9pm. I lay out his vitamins for him. I do his homework with him because I know he would rather play. He may play two blocks of our house at most because he is still too young to go far unless I drive him to a friends house with the parents permission. I make him his dinner because I know he would rather eat candy. He begs for toys at the store when there is something he wants. He thinks girls stink but they can still play ball. I get onto him about his room because his legos and games are on the floor. He doesnt care about designer clothes or being cool. He likes to play red light green light, simon says, and musical chairs with the other children his age. He just lost his first sizor tooth last week. We just did an Easter Egg hunt last month, he eggs filled with candy and toy cars. He still calls me mommy when when its just us two. He is simply a little boy playing. Pray for all the children in the world if you are a child of Gods. Pray for all our children if you have children of James, Robert and Jon Venables age. Pray that they never have to know what neglact, physical abuse, emotional abuse or sexual abuse is. Just like a flower that needs water, sun, love & care to grow. Pray that other parents are getting your prayers who have no love to give to their young. Pray for them so that your children may live together with them in a safe world. Pray for them because they are Gods most precious gifts.