My Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local Track Meets

I started running in my mid thirties, never been to a track meet, and really want to try some competitive sprinting. Anyone know of a source for listings of local indoor track meets? Specifically those that allow Masters (30 & up) compete? I saw one meet listed on neparunner for Summit University on the 22nd of January, but couldn't go. It's the only meet I've seen listed there. It said it was the 1st of 3 meets, but I can't find others in the area. Just wondering if there's a source out there that I'm missing for track meet listings.

Re: Local Track Meets

I do not know of any site that list local indoor meets. Whenever I get any info I get it posted. We do post several local meets mostly outdoor ones in the summer. They are far and few between. For a state wide listing, mostly university's or high school you can check- http://pa.milesplit.com/calendar. Some will allow not students to participate.
I did just found ou that there was another up at Summit University on the past Friday. The next one is February 19th. I will get that posted later today.
Thank you for posting your interest in this type of event, I will try to be more diligent for these type of race listings.
Best wishes

Thank you Mike!

Tunkhannock has open meets in the summer for kids thru adults. I haven't been there in the past 2 years so I don't know what the turnout is for adults. They get a lot of kids. They are in the summer on a weeknight. I can't find the info right now, but they are usually posted here and on Facebook when they get closer.

Yes Jen that would be the TEWKSBURY DEVELOPMENTAL ALLCOMER TRACK MEET.
at the Tunkhannock HS Track. It features Multiple Track and Field Events. Last year was held on Wednesday evenings, once in June, twice in July and once is August. Here is the link from last year- http://www.walterbtewksbury.org

What are the dates of the meets this year? I've always wanted to race the 400 meter dash.

Hi Matt,

I haven't seen any meets listed since the last one at Summit in Feb, but I want to run that 400 meter dash also! I was going to go to that last meet, but found out at the last minute that I would need to bring my own starting blocks (for the 55m). I'm waiting to see if any more track event listings come out, and if so, I'm going to buy blocks and get in there. Hopefully soon..

Hello Buddy and all! Several months ago you were looking for some info on some track meets. Well I didn't forget, here is a list of Track Meets or Mile track races to be held locally in July-
ON Tuesdays- JULY 5, 12, 17, 26 MATAMORAS MILE in Matamoras, Pike County
ON Wednesday eveningss- July 6, 13 and 20 TEWKSBURY DEVELOPMENTAL ALLCOMER TRACK MEET in Tunkhannock
On Thursday Evening, July 21 SRRC TRACK NIGHT AT MISERCORDIA UNIVERSITY
You can find out more on these events at NEPARunner calendar page- JULY - http://neparunner.com/calen/calen07.html
Mike!

Awesome! Thank you for not forgetting Mike! I was just looking at the Tewksbury meets and wondering if all ages are welcome. Do you know which events are included in these meets?

Thanks again!
Buddy

Your welcome Buddy,
Here is an article on last years events that is posted at the WYOMING COUNTY EXAMINER- http://wcexaminer.com/sports/tewksbury-developmental-meet-draws-crowd-1.1905944

This is probaly the info you were looking for-
New to this year’s competition was the 4x100 relay races to go along with the 200 meter dash, 400 meter dash, 800 meter run, 1600 meter run, 3200 meter run and 100 hurdles.

Other events included the triple and high jump, the shot put, javelin and softball throw, and the night’s most popular event: the long jump.

Too bad, they had a fine webpage last year, but it looks like they did not renew the domain. If you need more info you can email Colleen at- cncnews76@gmail.com

The Susquehanna River Runners Club will be hosting a track night at Misericordia University on Thursday July 21st at 6:30 pm. There will be 200m, 400m, 800m, 1 mile, 5k, shot put and long jump. Should be fun!