​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

The subject says it all,but who knew that after 20 years it would finally
happen. According to TCM's NOW PLAYING mag which arrived in my mailbox
today,Susan Hayward will indeed be the SOTM for September. So barring the
end of the world,her fans will finally be gratified! I've always wondered
whether-if the honoree is deceased-any surviving family member is notified
of the selection.At any rate,in about 8 weeks,we are in for a treat. YES!!!!!

Re: Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

Is Susan already on the cover of the TCM mag or do you think she will be in the september issue ? Thanks for the info!

Philippe,the magazine is always a month ahead of itself so this new issue talks
about next month on the front cover and on the back about Sept. The back has a pic of Susan from I Want To Live and the following info: Susan Hayward (1917-
1975) was a beautiful,fiery redhead with a flair for drama which made her a leading audience favorite from the 1940s through the '60s. Our Star of the Month for September was born in Brooklyn and screentested for the role of Scarlett in 1939's Gone With The Wind. She had her break through at Paramount in Beau Geste (1939) opposite Ray Milland and later became the No 1 female dramatic star at 20th Century-Fox in such films as David and Bathsheba (1951)
and The President's Lady (1953). Later films included The Honey Pot and Valley
of the Dolls (both 1967). Hayward was Oscar nominated as Best Actress for
Smash-Up: The Story of a Woman (1947),My Foolish Heart (1949),With a Song in My Heart (1952) and I'll Cry Tomorrow(1955). She finally won for I Want to Live (1958), in which she gives a shattering performance as convicted murderess Barbara Graham.

Thanks a lot ELAINE...I saw that actresses as Eleanor parker and Maureen O'Hara got a front cover of the TCM magazine when tey were the "star of the month"...Do you think that Susan will be feature on the front cover of the mag in the september issue?

Philippe
The SOTM is always on the cover of the month he/she is featured.

That's good news Elaine! ;-)

Isn't it great news, Elaine!.. and I am going to share your post at FB regarding the info on "Now Playing." I need to order the Now Playing since I am not receiving it right now. I will do that today because I want that September one!

Just seen the cover of TCM TV guide "Now playing' for september 2015...At last our beloved Susan on it! :-)....and it is a beautiful and fitting cover!

So glad...to hear this wonderful news..and that it is finally going to happen! I was wondering if they showed the titles of films that they will be showing? I want to set my tv to record ALL of the ones they are going to show, because the films on TCM are usually really good prints.