De Anza SNO Message Board

Welcome to the SNO Message Board

De Anza SNO Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tips for incoming quarter 6 students

Some things I learned after my first 4 weeks in this class that I would like to share:

- If you are early start for your preceptorship, call your preceptor now and schedule a meeting. I waited until after orientation week and had a slow start with my preceptor

- Read that syllabus BEFORE the first day of class. There are some to-do items in there.

- Start on that nursing care plan paper by the second day of your preceptorship and be fully aware of all the requirements of the paper BEFORE your first preceptorship day. That paper is not just a simple care plan, it is 3 documented care plans, a critical thinking, short clinical judgment plus much more all wrapped into a 200 point paper. And no matter what, do not turn that paper in late.

- And if you haven't already, spend the time to invest in some really comfy shoes. I think I spent more time on my feet than any other quarter.

- Lastly, enjoy your preceptorship. You only have 3 short months and you will be ALL DONE!!

Best of luck to you and here's hoping I see some of you at work some day....but only in the breakroom...not as a patient!

Tia