Return to Website

The AICCF Forum

This is a forum for members of the All India Correspondence Chess Federation.

Only members can post. 

Forum: The AICCF Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Webserver Suggestion: Draw offer in "Welcome page"

I would like some indication on the welcome page that my opponent has offered a draw. Now, I notice this only after my analysis and when about to make the move.

Is this a useful feature? What do others think?

Re: Webserver Suggestion: Draw offer in "Welcome page"

In AICCF, the draw offer made comes in the email at the end of the message (I assume that u hv not turned off Email Notification in preferences).

In ICCF it comes at the start of the message itself and this is a bit more convenient.

Of course draw offers in the "Welcome page" makes it even more easier for the player concerned.

Mohan

Email  

I didnt think about this. Its easy enough to indicate "Draw offer" just under the opponent's move.

Email  

Thanks to Dr. Chatterjee for implementing the suggestion of Mr. Dhanish regarding "Draw offer".
I got the confirmation screen in my game versus Neelakantan, who offered me a draw in our game in AICCF 1508.In fact,I noticed that a message is also sent to my Email stating that "Draw has been offered".

Email  

Actually I have not (yet) implemented any change after reading Shri Dhanish's suggestion. Whatever you experienced was in the original design. The problem experienced by Shri Dhanish is that he has turned off email notifications and does not click the game but starts to analyse based on the move displayed on the Welcome page itself. So he misses seeing the draw offer altogether and he wants the draw offer to be visible on the Welcome page itself
Best regards
A.Chatterjee

Email  

The suggestion is a good one to display "Draw offer" flashing in the Welcome page itself.It would be wonderful if we could implement this idea.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Cheap Domains