Return to Website

The AICCF Forum

This is a forum for members of the All India Correspondence Chess Federation.

Only members can post. 

The AICCF Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wrong reference of my name in the Feb 2011 AICCF Bulletin and one other important matter.

Hullo friends:
Today I got the Feb. 2011 AICCF Bulletin by post and was surprised to read that I had 'sent' the two e-mails appearing on pages 45 and 46. I do not recall having sent these two specific letters by e-mail but the Editor should clarify the thread of the ICCF forum and the date where they appear! I meant only a reference to the ICCF Forum which contained three pages pertaining to the ICCF World Championship won by Dronov and here these two letters do NOT appear there at all! Hope the Editor clarifies and gives the correct name of the person who send these 2 letters by e-mail in the next Bulletin.
2) Referring my letter on page 11, I got an e-mail from Mr. Eric Ruch, ICCF President himself which is self-explanatory and I trust the Editor publishes this as well as the e-mail sent by me to Mr. Eric Ruch in the next Bulletin. Thus it will be AGES if at all the present Round-robin method to select the World Corr. Champion is changed!
While on the topic 'CC can kill you!' I noted the ICCF Ratings and the games played by the TOP 5 in the latest Feb. 2011 Rating List.
They are
1) Oosterom(2712)-252 games
2) Papenin(2708)-189 games
3) Schon(2699)-96 games
4) Neumann(2692)-118 games
5) Chytilek(2690)-166 games
and it is interesting to note that person in the Top 20 who has the most rated games is Ljubicic(2644) at No. 17 with an astonishing 338 rated games in the relevant six month period!
From the foregoing it is obvious that the CC players have themselves to blame if they opt to play and have dozens (in some cases hundreds) of games on hand.
In the System proposed 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7 etc. match play the player is at liberty to diminish the number of the games engaging his attention and concentrate only on the Matches.
Your chess friend
D.M.Modak
7th May 2011.

Re: Wrong reference of my name in the Feb 2011 AICCF Bulletin and one other important matter.

You are right. The above mentioned letter in the article (CC can Kill you!) were sent by Sh. Mohan Jayaraman and not by you. I regret the error.

Sh. Jayaraman sent me that e-mail on 16/07/2010. In that e-mail he provided a link ( http://iccf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3639&page=3 ) which was working at that time. But when I recheck it during typesetting that article for feb'11 bulletin, the ICCF Forum was closed. I have duly mentioned it in the article itself before the letters.

Re: Wrong reference of my name in the Feb 2011 AICCF Bulletin and one other important matter.

D.M.Modak

While on the topic 'CC can kill you!' I noted the ICCF Ratings and the games played by the TOP 5 in the latest Feb. 2011 Rating List.
They are
1) Oosterom(2712)-252 games
2) Papenin(2708)-189 games
3) Schon(2699)-96 games
4) Neumann(2692)-118 games
5) Chytilek(2690)-166 games
and it is interesting to note that person in the Top 20 who has the most rated games is Ljubicic(2644) at No. 17 with an astonishing 338 rated games in the relevant six month period!
From the foregoing it is obvious that the CC players have themselves to blame if they opt to play and have dozens (in some cases hundreds) of games on hand.

A small clarification: The number of games shown in the rating list is the total number of games so far played by the concerned player, and not the number of games in the last period. Also it is a three month period as now rating lists are updated every three months.

If you sort the rating list by number of games, the top players are:

NameGamesRating
Wittmann, Dr. Walter22821991
Schmidt, Theo17082341
Gnirk, Hajo16632289
Prokopp, Heinz14962166
Lagergren, Henry13531900

My thanks to Shri Dhanish for correcting my misconception. I believed the number of games shown to be the number of games which the player has actually played in the relevant period.
Also is it possible to know the no. of games which a player actually played in the relevant period? If so, it will be interesting to know the no. of games for the Top 5 ICCF Rated players.
-D.M.mODAK
11TH MAY 2011.

D.M.Modak
Also is it possible to know the no. of games which a player actually played in the relevant period? If so, it will be interesting to know the no. of games for the Top 5 ICCF Rated players.

This is not difficult, just get the total number games for two consecutive rating lists, and find the difference. Here is the result for the 2011/2 top five:

NameGames 2011/2Games 2011/1Difference
Oosterom, Joop J. van2522520
Papenin, Nikolai1891809
Schon, Wolfram96960
Neumann, Joachim1181180
Chytilek, Roman1661660