My Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I saw you running...

saw and talked to Ed Donnelley yesterday walk/run in the snowy test track. An old friend and working on coming back. Great father as well who encouraged his children to enjoy sports! One of the many good runners with roots in the Hobbie area.

This might have been a group I was with--you can find the group on Facebook--it's called "Run Your Brains Out." Don't ask me WHY it's called that…I have no idea. But the group is friendly, fairly diverse, and definitely welcomes anyone.

Thank you Erin! I think I saw your group again this week as we were crossing the Ave/Market near Main Bike - hopefully next week I'll join you.

And it's totally cool on the name - I'm an amateur brain surgeon on the side so I've done a few "re-installs".

Walter Boyle at the run for the cookies. Walt, weight lifter and runner, drove from Allentown to run for the cookies. I can't beat this guy who is in my age group. He is origianlly from the Panther Valley and has gotten tougher over the years. Walt is a great support to all the Berwick races!!

BobMac: just saw your post from 2/9, the Susquehanna River Runners Club meets at Kirby every Sunday at 9AM, anybody is welcome to join us. We often run on Wyoming Ave. or on the levee. It's pretty much just show up and run however far/fast you want!

@JM thanks for the heads up, I recently Liked you guys on FB. The group I ran with this past Sunday is running on Saturday next week and I prefer my longer distance on Sundays - so I'll probably join you guys this week!

Sam Bidleman, well known, Bloomsburg HS teacher. I worked with him on the HS project circa 5 years ago. Good to see Sam running the Leprechaun loop.

Steve and Kim Gaspar with their son at the Egg Hill run in Spring Mills, Pa near State College. Kim was walking with Jonathon and Steve running in the long race. Steve and Kim were outstanding Hazleton area runners who have moved to the central part of the state. Good people and parents!

I saw Mike Kinney today on the levee down by the gateway apts...he was running strong...it was nice to finally run outside in the sun & not be all bundled up!!! Lol,,,sometimes in the cold weather its hard to recognize my running friends, due to coats, hats & scarves,,,lol WELCOME SPRING!!!

saw Jack Whitcomb from the north part of Dauphin county running along the Shick warrior trail Sat. at the vale of the five mountains. He was the fastest 70 and over runner.

John Riley running up Fort McClure blvd. in Carissa Barrett 5k. John a lean, long striding runner is the most consistently good 60 plus runner in the Town of Bloom.
He has been running well and racing well for so many years.

Saw the Rawls boys on the Black Diamond Trail after lunch today, enjoying this great weather!

Yep, saw Tony as well as Tom Walski and Kerry Potter on the Black Diamond today.

Frank Yanko at the Metrocast 5k in Summerhill. I actually did not see him running as he still is a rocket. Frank once a superlative runner in this area is now in the Carolinas and doing well in the local races down south.

Joanne Hause fitness walking by Sunnerhill avenue. Has a terrific walking program and has walk/run the Diamonds!!

Ron and I saw Lyn Dolan running along the railroad tracks in Swoyersville on Sat. morning. She looked great and already had 10 miles in. Way to go!!!

I saw two Mike"s this week. Mike Rawls up Wegmans on Saturday while I was.shopping & Mike Kinny running past Abe"s hot dogs in Kingston, last night when I was driving home from work. Small world!!

saw John Yohey, Bill Osbourne and Lee Samsel running thru the village of Mifflinville last Sat. on that hot humid morning. Running towards the bridge over the Susquehanna at Lime Ridge. Three good guys and longtime runners probably thinking of the Diamonds run coming up.

It's been a while since anyone has seen anyone running, I guess!

I'm trying to get outside, but I am also a Planet Fitness frequent flyer, and can tell you that i regularly see Joe Stanitis, Jan Butcher, and Mike Rawls at the gym. Mike was actually right next to me yesterday but did not say hi. boo hoo!

Stay warm!

I've been running into Ron Tridendis and Larry Pikul in the Hanover Industrial Park. They keep the roads in pretty good shape there in terms of snow removal.

If you want to hear a good story, ask Ron about his near-death experience.

BBBbbrrrr....sick of this rotten February we've had this year..been hitting planet fitness bout 4:00am every morning before work...only see the same 9/10 people in there every morning...and sometimes see Mike Rawls, Joe Stanitis and Emily on the weekends...cant wait to get back outside...stay warm & be safesafe everyone!!!

Today wasn't to bad! Of course I can't say I didn't long for a warm mid-April day. I ran around 2pm, Sunny, temps in the mid 30's, actually ran in shorts. Could have used a hat to cover the ears, but wasn't to bad! Seen no runners!

I see Dale Shoemaker, Rich Shiptoski, Kerry Z., Kerry Potter, Emily B., Joe stanitis, sorry Karen I didn't realize it was you next to me. I get too focused when I'm on the t-mill.

Richard Hause, a dedicated runner for life, at the Winter's End event where he pounded out another age group first place in 70 and over. Rich, a mentor to many Berwick area runners, is a bit over 80 years young.

I saw Karen the other day on the **** in south W-B.

No one has seen anyone running since March? :)

Well, I saw Jill Hockenbury Snowdon at the WB Duathlon on Sunday!

Then I saw Tony Pszeniczny running on the levee in South WB that morning too.

And then I saw Kerry & John Z walking on the Kingston Levee yesterday while i ran with the Lady Striders.

And finally this morning, I saw Dr. Haydu walking toward his office on Market St. in Kingston.

Pete Gstalder and daughter at the Chris Shultz memorial race in Millville Sunday evening. Pete is a longtime trail runner.

Bill Cook
on Wyoming Ave and Ash carefully sheparding his couch to 5k group safely through the busy intersection... good job coach!

I saw Maria DeRojas-Moulton racewalking on Route 309 this afternoon. Brings back memories of the good old days.
The time to the left should say 2:12pm.

It's been awhile since we have any postings on who we seen. I really don't run in areas where I see runners, running in the woods most of the time with the birds, squirrels, rabbits, deer and snakes. But I did venture out to the Pittston Area track for a few laps this afternoon for a quick short run and ran into the legendary Dave Junita, doing laps as his team practiced. Go Patriots!

I saw Ron Tribendis running around the Sallie Mae loop in the Hanover Industrial Park. He's still running a few miles each day in spite of the health problems he's had this past year.

The nice weather this weekend brought out a lot of runners and bikers. Saw Chris Krall on Pierce St. Saturday.

Saw Paul Manley running in South Wilkes-Barre on Sunday.

Very nice day today. Saw Mike Kinney and George Dunbar.

Dave Michaels race walking at the Benton Rodeo race 3 miler. Michaels a former Billtown area school administrator has been running and walking a long time. Good to reconnect with a stalwart in running.