My Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: C25K, STORIES FROM THE LEVEE...

COUCH TO 5K STARTS TONIGHT AT 5:30 in WYOMING. Read this, be inspired, meet us there! :)

TALES FROM THE LEVEE -- ELLEN!

What made you join the first Couch to 5K? I wanted to get back into running shape but needed something or someone to keep me accountable / motivated. Joining C25K helped get my butt running 3x per week and into a routine.

What was your favorite part about the program? Honestly, having that accountability. It's easy to tell yourself you're going to run at the gym - but then we make excuses and say we'll go the next day or run one mile instead of three. Having "practice" throughout the week and a group of women striving together for the same goal is exactly what I needed.

Are you still running? Yes! I run anywhere from 1-3 miles, 5x per week. Still trying to build that endurance up even more!

What would you say to someone who is reading this now, and is on the fence about joining? DO IT! The program is designed to ease you into running, not running three miles week one. I would recommend to anyone + the coaches are great and want to help!

Coach K's Notes: Ellen had such a positive attitude and was ready for her 5K before the 8 weeks were even up (I'm sure her being 24 years old helped with that). Ellen still helps out with getting the Lady Striders info out there each month in her publication, Wyoming Valley Sport Shot. She's now proud to call herself a RUNNER. smile emoticon