My Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
10th Annual Susquehanna Warrior Trail 5K Race/ Fun Walk on April 1, 2017 at 10:00 15 am.

The exciting 10th Annual Susquehanna Warrior Trail 5K Race / Fun Walk will be held on Saturday April 1, 2017 at 10:15 a.m. in Shickshinny, PA. Registration will be from 9:00 am to 10:00 am at the pavilion located at Oak and North Canal Streets.

The wheel-measured course will be chip-timed by Second Wind Race Timing. Specially designed medals will be awarded to the top three runners in each age group. High quality shirts will be presented to the first 250 runners and walkers who register.

We’re also throwing a party for all of the runners and walkers. Music by Flash Barchik. Pizza and hot soup provided by Corner Pocket Pizza.

All proceeds will benefit the upkeep of the SWTC.

For information contact Race Director Max Furek at 570- 542-7946 or jungle@epix.net.

Re: 10th Annual Susquehanna Warrior Trail 5K Race/ Fun Walk on April 1, 2017 at 10:00 15 am.

a wonderful community event along a rails to trails course by the Susquehanna river. Many fellow runners and walkers have told me that they regard this race/party as a life event. Just a breath of positive feeling to break winter's gloom.

I highly recommend trying the soup usually served by Bonnie.

This race is part of a rebirth of the towns of Shickshinny and Mocanaqua after a devastating flood some years ago. Come celebrate the spirit. Thanks Max for your race management of this 5k.

Re: 10th Annual Susquehanna Warrior Trail 5K Race/ Fun Walk on April 1, 2017 at 10:00 15 am.

Great event and a worthy cause.

Second Wind Timing will once again be our official timer. Instant age group results and printouts. For online registration

racemenu.com/swtr2017

I loved running this race last year! Pretty trail, fun event! Unfortunately I'm a pacer for a race in Philly that day so I will miss it this year. You all should go, though!!

Thanks Karen,
For the record our Overall Record holders are Jeffrey Skwierz, Forty Fort, 16:10 (2016) and Marina Orrson, Shavertown, 17:48 (2015).

Every year we have seen age group records broken. What will happen this year is anyone's guess!

Hey there, I look forward to playing some music for this year's race. A nice crowd is always around for this race. Please come and celebrate by running, walking, pushing a stroller, etc. Spectating is always nice, but participation gets you in the action. See you at the race, Flash

Hope to see everybody in Shickshinny on April 1st for our 10th Annual 5K Race & Fun Walk. It's a Party for runners! Flash is already getting requests for ACDC's "Thunderstruck" and "Highway to Hell."

I'm sooo hoping John & I will be making it to your race, Max! This race by far is one of my absolute Fav 5k's in the area! Nice groomed trail that we do a lot of our long runs on! Plus it's ran by the bestest race director in town! 👍😉

If you are competing in the 10th annual SWTC 5K race/ fun walk please complete the online registration ASAP. We will be pulling the plug on that tomorrow. Still time to enter and receive a classic memorial T-Shirt to celebrate a decade of running excellence in The Five Mountain Region.Race gun time will be Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 10:15 am.

https://www.racemenu.com/events/144857-10th-Annual-Susquehanna-Warrior-Trail-5K-Race-Fun-Walk-2017