Southwest Michigan Hoops Review

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Southwest Michigan Hoops Review
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wednesday/Thursday Picks

Marcellus over Cassopolis
Kalamazoo Christian over Hackett
Fennville over Sagautuck
Constantine over Colon
Sturgis over Pennfield

Marcellus
Kalamazoo Christian
Fennville
Constantine
Sturgis

A decent start to the week. Mid-week should be okay, leading into district finals on Friday-Saturday.

Cassopolis over Marcellus - I just think that Cass's last season surge in a tough Lakeland conference is more impressive than Marcellus' run in the SAC.

Kalamazoo Christian over Hackett - Hackett wants this to be an upset, but Christian won't both this rivalry.
Fennville over Saugatuck - Home floor makes the difference.
Constantine over Colon - Colon suprised people last year. Constantine won't let that happen this year.

Sturgis over Pennfield - The SMAC is a tough conference to play in.

Re: Re: Wednesday/Thursday Picks

Here we go!

1.) Christian over Hackett; I don't think Hackett can stop Zweir from scoring 20-25 points. Christian has the overall balance and I think playing Monday is also a boost.

2.) Fenny over Saugatuck; This one is a toss up, but I like Fenny's overall athletic ability in this one. Saugatuck needs to keep the score in the 50's and pound it inside. But I feel Fenny will run run run.

3.) A typical Magi run. Did the same thing last year winning a game in Districts. Connie is coming off the biggest win the Sellers Era by beating the Craft last Friday. Connie should win, but I am going to pull the rabbit out of the hat and say GO MAGI!

4.) Well Sturgis did in TR on Monday. Not a easy task. Sturgis will once again "back cut" itself into the finals.

5.) Marcy, Marcy, Marcy! First, throw the records out! If Marcellus played in the Lakeland, they would not have 17 wins. Put Cass in the SAC and they might have 15-16 wins. A lot of talk about how tough the Lakland Conference is.(Which I think is true) and how weak the SAC is. I don't think the SAC is as weak as people say and Marcellus has talent. I agree guard play will be a factor in this game. Marcellus has the guard play to handle the pressure. What scares me a little is the lay off for the Cats. 6 days off. ummmmm....over the years CASS and Marcy have had some epic battles, just ask HR! SO...............I'll like the overall balance of Marcy and the Cats pull away and win by 10!

Re: Re: Re: Wednesday/Thursday Picks

I need to bounce back. I'm feeling good about this batch.

Marcellus over Cassopolis. Marcellus may play in the lowly SAC, but they are STILL a good team. Cass has been playing well lately, but the Cats will edge this one out. Should be a good one!
Kalamazoo Christian over Kalamazoo Hackett. Christian Comets roll over their religious counterparts.
Fennville over Saugatuck. This should be a good one, too. The Blackhawks are at home, so I'll take them.
Colon over Constantine. When things go your way, they really go your way if you're the Magi.
Sturgis over BC Pennfield. Trojans slay the Panthers, just like they did the Wildcats.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday/Thursday Picks

Kalamazoo Christian over Hackett
Fennville over Saugatuck
Colon over Constantine
Sturgis over Pennfield

Upset of the week
Cassopolis over Marcellus

Marcellus has played in some big time games this year with playoff time atmosphere (Lawrence, Saugatuck) so I think the big game experience goes to Marcellus. Cass has played tougher competition in the Lakeland. Not sure of Cass's depth but Marcellus has a little depth even more if Lanning plays. So with what people have said about the guards, which is critical in big games I will go with the Cats in a close one.

Saw Christian play Schoolcraft Monday and they are deep. Not as good as Christian teams of the past but Zwier is the real deal. Hacketts season comes to an end.

I was impressed with Mirto and Hoshor in SAC championship game so I am going to go with Saugatuck.

Inside info says Colon has some JV players up that make them a better team, but not good enough to beat Constantine.

The Greek picked it up going 4-1 looking to keep it rolling!

Marcellus vs Cass: I will have to say I'm surprised the Rangers knock
off the host school. Cass does seem to be playing better. As for
Marcellus it is that time of year. The Cats have choked at district
time. This probably is the Championship game in this district. The
Greek will take the Cats but knows it is a risk. Marcellus by 7

In that same district Colon squares off with Constantine. The Magi are
looking to make it to their second straight district title game. The
Falcons come in after knocking off Schoolcraft last Friday. Colon is on
a two game winning streak for the first time in 5 years. They also
brought up three solid JV players that they had kept down. The Greek is
riding the streak Fighting Bunny Rabbits to the district finals! Colon
by 5

Hackett vs K Christian: Let get this right out of the way, the Irish
caught beat the Comets. It has been along to since Hackett has won in
this rivalry. It will be a good game but this game is over before it
starts. The Comets are in the Irish's heads! KC by 7

Saugatuck vs Fennville: Just like in real estate it is all about
Location, Location, Location. These two teams split games this season
each winning at home. I said in my preview the Blackhawks have probably
the biggest advantage of any team hosting a district. Fennville wins
the season series and the district tonight. Blackhawks by 3 in another
classic.

Sorry I was out sick with the flu yesterday so I get onyl one pick from whqat I can tell, I pick Marcellous over Cass

Hello again everybody. I've been absent for a while because I haven't been able to access a computer capable of properly loading the anti-spam image you need to post here. So, while I've been able to enjoy reading all of your picks, I haven't been able to make any of my own. Problem solved... finally.

The only eligible game left is the Marcellus / Cass game, which just so happens to be the most interesting to me. I've pondered this match up off and on for a very long time (since long before the districts began). This is a TOUGH call because I know almost nothing tangible about Marcellus (just stories and second hand reports). I'm judging this one too close to call. Therefore, since I WANT Cass to win (conference pride and all), I'm going to pick Marcellus. That way it's a win-win, right?: Marcellus 62 / Cassopolis 61 in 2OT.