Southwest Michigan Hoops Review

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Southwest Michigan Hoops Review
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Questions about The Greek's District Preview

Good job writing about so many different districts. That must have taken a good amount of investigation time.

I have two questions. Why do you consider New Buffalo to be a dark horse? Is it because of their (deceptively) bad record? Everybody in the area pretty much considers them to be either the favorite or a close second to win the district, which isn't the case with your other dark horses. This is just a curiosity, not a criticism. I can definitely see how their late season push can be considered dark horse like.

Second, why did you think that Centreville would beat Cassopolis? Cass had a better record, played stronger competition, was on a huge late season run, and beat Centreville by 14 points earlier in the season. It seemed like a no-brainer regardless of home-court advantage (not a long trip, so usually not too significant). Was there some other factor that nobody else was considering?

Re: Questions about The Greek's District Preview

Both very good points! I love the imput.

New Buffalo as a dark horse may have been a little much! But what to point out that they did have a chance to come out of that district. No one else did I think had any chance other than the favorite and NB.

As for Cass, I have to admitt I under estimated the Lakeland Conference. I thought Centrville hosting would be a bigger factor. The Rangers are denfitaly better than their record after destroying Marcellus.

I overated both the SJV and the SAC and the Lakeland has proven they are better conference than both. That is why you have to love the tourney!

I will say I'm on track to pick a good majoity of the winners.