Southwest Michigan Hoops Review

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Southwest Michigan Hoops Review
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Friday/Saturday picks

Mattawan
Gull Lake
Harper Creek
St. Joseph
Hillsdale
Bridgman
Kalamazoo Christian
Saugatuck
Martin
Climax-Scotts

Re: Friday/Saturday picks

Kalamazoo Central win over Benton Harbor was quite impressive, but BH showed they were vulnerable this year. Mattawan has has not lost since Dec. 29th and that was to Detroit Country Day. Although anything is possible I just don't think K Central has firepower to keep up with the Wildcats.

Paw Paw has been surging as of late but so has GL. Playing on its home court has given PP some lift, but GL will put an end to their run tonight.

Harper Creek didn't get much competition from its 2 opponents this week while Sturgis had to execute against TR to get a win. I think Sturgis is a tough place to play and Sturgis is playing well and maybe getting an overconfident HC team. I like reports I have seen from Sturgis and will take them on their homecourt tonight.

Another Lakeshore game! St. Joe at home vs. an up and down Lakeshore squad. Have to go with St. Joe, but Lancers will probably pull upset.

Doing research looks like Hillsdale is a strong ball club. Have to go out of the region on this one. Hillsdale.

I know beating a team 3 times in a row is tough, but Bridgman playing at home makes this a reality this week. Berrien Springs has a good team, too bad in same districts as Bridgman.

HR saw both KC and GA play this year and no reason that KC should not handle GA despite GA already beating KC.

Gobles has redeemed its season a little by getting to championship game, but this is where it ends. Saugatuck.

I bet Martin feels good about getting in this district! OBA i'm sure is glad to be playing in the finals, but this shouldn't be much of a game. Clippers advance to regionals.

Cass rolls Constantine, if they are not looking ahead.

I will take the HR region team in the Bronson/Homer matchup. Bronson.

Maybe the best championship matchup is in class D. Surprised CS barely got by Mendon and I believe Lawrence beat a Burr Oak team without its leading scorer. Climax Scotts win over Pennfield still has me impressed because Pennfield has good guards, so because good guard play is crucial come tournament time I am going with CS. Think they may have more poise with their recent success in football and even basketball last year.

Re: Re: Friday/Saturday picks

Mattawan over K-Central -- They are too big and too experienced for the young Central team.

Gull Lake over Paw Paw -- Both have had rough stretches this season, but I think that GL is the more talented team by far. Talent wins.

Harper Creek over Sturgis -- The SMAC East has aquitted itself very nicely so far in the post season. I'll go with the percentages in this matchup of intra-divisional teams.

St. Joe over Lakeshore -- Sometimes Lakeshore looks like the team that I thought they would be, but those times aren't nearly common enough for me to pick them over a more consistent St. Joe.

Hillsdale over Marshall -- Marshall has had some good wins, but they also have a lot of losses. Hillsdale has had a good season.

Bridgman over Berrien Springs -- This game scares me. A lot. Why can't it ever be easy for Bridgman in districts? Just as Buchanan's run ends, Berrien's talent ramps up and they drop into class C. In the past ten+ years, Bridgman has won ONE district championship and that was with their second worst team of period! Those kids are under so much pressure right now to win this game that it's ridiculous. Hopefully they'll just go out there and play the way they know how. If they do that, they'll win.

Kalamazoo Christian over Galesburg-Augusta -- K-Christian: the anti-Bridgman.

Saugatuck over Gobles -- Gobles never materialized. Beating Bangor and Hartford does not qualify as materializing. On the other hand, after watching Saugatuck play in Bridgman's holiday tournament, I never would have guessed that they'd make it to regionals.

Martin over Otsego Baptist -- Martin is playing Otsego Baptist in the finals. There is something almost criminal about that.

Cassopolis over Constantine -- Cass did the unthinkable when they fell to Colon last season (after beating Marcellus), but this is a new team with a new coach. They've been taking care of business for a while now and it won't change here.

Bronson over Homer -- The SJV hasn't been spectacular, but I've heard grumbling that the Big 8 hasn't been too great either. I'll pick Bronson to repeat as champion.

Climax-Scotts over Lawrence -- Ledesma is a very good player, but the rest of that team left me somewhat unimpressed when I saw them play. I haven't seen Climax-Scotts, but I know that they have several real quality wins. I'll take that potential despite their unimpressive showing against Mendon.

Re: Re: Re: Friday/Saturday picks

District Championships on the line and the pick’em will be decided!

Kalamazoo Central vs. Mattawan: Mattawan has to be the over helming favorite but look out the Giants look to be on a role. It comes to an end. Cats by 15.

Gull Lake vs. Paw Paw: GL has to be a big favorite here. 2Paw surprises everyone and reach the finals. Devils by 10

Sturgis vs. Harper Creek: The Greek told everyone to look out for the host school Sturgis. The Trojans have been tough at home this year. The Beaver have already won in Sturgis and swept the season series. I will take HC but won’t be surprised if Coach Miller’s crew won this district.

Lakeshore vs. St. Joe: The third installment of this rivalry! The Bears are rolling at home during the district and keep it going beat the Lancers in front of a pack house. St. Joe by 3.

Marshall vs. Hillsdale: Marshall is a surprise to be in this final. Hillsdale handled a good Albion team in the Semis. Hillsdale went all the way to the quarters last year and look to be on their way to another. Hillsdale by 9.

Bridgman vs. Berrien Springs: The Bees have won both meetings and if can win a third could go far in the tourney. Home Court will be the key! Bees by 5.

Constantine vs. Cass: I have to give more credit to the Lakeland Conference! Or is it that the SAC is weak? Cass destroyed Marcellus and will do the same to the Falcons. Cass by 18.

Homer vs. Bronson: This will be one of the best district finals! If the Viks can win they will be at home for the Regionals! Bronson will have to play tough to be the only SJV team to get out of the districts. Viks by 2.

K Christian vs. G-A: The Comets have already lost in G-A. That loss left a bad taste in their month and will come out firing! Comets are playing their best a tourney time as always. Comets take out the early loss win by 16.

Gobles vs. Saugatuck: Look out for a let down in this won. The Tuck comes in after big win over Fennville. If the played 100 times the Tigers might win once but that is all it takes at tourney time. The Indians sneak out as district champs but it will be close.

Otsego Baptist vs. Martin: This should not even be close! Clippers if they show up at all will cut down the nets. Clippers by 27!

Climax Scots vs. Lawrence: This looked like a great match-up a few weeks ago but Lawrence is not playing as well as they did mid-season. Did they peak too soon? Climax is a little untested but will find a way to win. Panthers by 7.