Southwest Michigan Hoops Review

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Southwest Michigan Hoops Review
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Regionals

Missed the Friday-Saturday picks! No excuse!

Regional Picks

1.) I no nothing about Dexter, so i won't pretend that i do. I'll take Coach Hoff and Mattawan.

2.) Gull Lake over Sturgis

3.) Hillsdale over Joey

4.) Finally the K-Christian - Marcellus match up! Opps, someone forgot to tell Cass! Ok, Cass wins by 20 over Marcy, now my Marcy fans tell me that the final score doesn't show how close the game really was, but what I can't figure is how Cass then goes on & beats Connie by ONE POINT! anyway, Christian over Cass by 8

5.) Berrian and Saugatuck! Should be a good one! Wait, What! Gobles???? Reminds me off the Lawton teams of the late 80's...going 2-18 and then winning districts...But just as the Lawton team of 86, the slipper breaks and BS wins by 19.

6.) Climax and Martin...Dissappointing season for St. Phil and Solich. Seekman is a good player for the Clips but I'll take CS in this one...cs by 13

7.) Unity over Eau Cl by 11

Wiz

Re: Regionals

Mattawan
Gull Lake
St. Joe
K Christian
Berrien Springs
Climax
Tri-Unity

Re: Re: Regionals

Mattawan over Dexter.
Gull Lake over Sturgis.
St. Joe over Hillsdale.
Kalamazoo Christian over Cassopolis.
Berrien Springs over Gobles.
Climax over Martin.
Wyoming Tri-Unity over Eau Claire.

Mattawan over Dexter

Gull Lake over Sturgis

St. Joe over Hillsdale

Kalamazoo Christian over Cassopolis

Berrien Springs over Gobles

Climax Scott over Martin

Wyomnign Try-Unity over Eau claire

Re: Re: Regionals

11 area teams left all dreaming of the Breslin Center and several play each other in Tuesday. Bring on the Regionals!

Mattawan vs. Dexter: The Cats wonderful season rolls on. They get a favorable match-up Dexter 14-9 was a surprise winner of their district. Mattawan may have the best pair of post players in Class A. They should have enough to get to the regional finals but Okemos or Holt a wait! Mattawan by 8.

Class B Regional

Sturgis vs. Gull Lake: Both teams have ended the season enfirgo! Sturgis wins the district they hosted and the Devils are winners of their last 11. This match-up will be a contrast in style. Sturgis is disciplined and patience while GL likes to play fast and loose. It also match-ups the Wolverine vs. the SMAC. This season SMAC teams went 9-4 versus Wolverine. Sturgis is played a tough schedule that has surely prepared them for this ran while GL has played in a much weaker Wolverine but has big win over Kalamazoo Christian. This will be a great game but I have to give a slight edge to Coach Miller’s crew. Trojans by 4.

The other game in this regional: Hillsdale vs. St. Joe. Just like Sturgis, the Bears have played a tough schedule and made it through a very competitive district. Hillsdale has cruised this season going 21-2. Hillsdale returns most of the same cast that made it to the Quarter Finals last season. The Bears great run comes to end Tuesday. Hillsdale by 7.

Class C Regional

Kalamazoo Christian vs. Cassopolis: The Rangers should they have developed through a tough Lakeland schedule and could hurt Christian by playing physical. This is not one of the best Christian teams of the past but are very skilled and as always well coached. No one has a better feeder system than the Comets. I just think they Comets are too talented for the Rangers. K Christian by 10.

Gobles vs. Berrien Springs: What a surprise match-up! That is what March Madness is all about. Berrien Springs ruined the match-up everyone has looking forward to of K Christian and Bridgman. Gobles, I have to believe is the only team to finish last in their league and win a district title. The Tigers are no match for the “Rocks” and the clock will strike 12 on their run. BS by 16

Class D Regional

Climax vs. Martin: One team expected to be here and the other is happy to be here. CS can draw on their success in the football playoffs the last two years with many of their basketball team also playing football. Like Gobles, Martin’s run stops here. CS by 20

Wyoming Tri-Unity vs. Eau Claire: Tri-Unity is a Class D power year in and year out. They are very disciplined and plays one of the toughest schedules in Class D. Eau Claire has had a wonderful season but has been a little questionable in big games. EC doesn’t have enough to get by Tri-Unity. Tri-Unity by 8. Setting up a great match-up between Tri-Unity and Climax!

Re: Re: Re: Regionals

Mattawan
Sturgis
Hillsdale
Kalamazoo Christian
Berrien Springs
Climax-Scotts
Eau Clare

Two big men with solid guard play is a recipe for success. Mattawan

Gull Lake has not played nearly the competition Sturgis has, especially through district play. I like the SMAC tonight in this one, Sturgis in a close one.

Hillsdale from what I hear is pretty good. St. Joe knocked off BC Central and Benton Harbor this year which must mean something. Being a Hoops Review team I will take St. Joe.

K Christian with its experience come tournament time and depth will be too much for the Rangers. Sorry no Lakeland Regional championship game.

Congrats to Coach Gilbert for making it to regionals but Berrien Springs has too much fire power to pull the upset tonight.

Climax over Martin

Tri Unity over Eau Claire

Okay, I know this is posted late, but I copmpletely blanked and forgot to make picks. On my honor, I have not seen any scores/summaries/recaps or anything of these games. The exception is C-S v Martin, so I will abstain from that game. Here are the picks:

Mattawan over Dexter - Let's go with the team I know of, and I'm pretty sure Dexter jumped up a class this year.

Sturgis over Gull Lake - Playing in the SMAC will make the difference here.

St. Joe over Hillsdale - And hopefully here too.

Kalamazoo Christian over Cassopolis - AS much as I'd like to see the Rangers pull off the upset, I just don't have enough faith in them.

Berrien Springs over Gobles - Why couldn't Bridgman make it? Why?

Wyoming Tri-Unity over Eau Claire - Eau Claire can shoot, but a good defensive team can stop them dead.