​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Just Read....."RED"

I received my paperback copy of "Red" today. Unfortunately, it only has two photos. A young pretty one, on the cover, & the hard, angst-ridden photo inside the front cover. (I'm disappointed!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just Read....."RED"

Blooeyz....Well..by now you have probally gotten into the book and are aware of the 'tough' pic and how much it has to to with this telling of Susan's life. I knew that photo would have to be there, since
it is the pic that 'they say' she carried with her from then and on....as a look of 'who she really was'. THAT is disappoionting to me!

I'm sorry there were not the many pics in the paperback...that were in the hardback book. Many pics
that went along with the story.

One that I still see, vividly, is a snapshot of Florence in the foreground, as the focal point of the pic...and Susan sitting in the background..a somber look on her face. "still watching" but not part of mama and sis' love.

Errol
The book still haunts me!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just Read....."RED"

I'm still reading "Red" & enjoying it. To me, it seems Susan had a hard time distinguishing reality from movie making. It's as if she thought the cameras were rolling 24/7. The knock out, drag out fight(s) with Jess Barker, attempted suicide, melodramatic breakdown at Eaton's grave, excessive boozing (very Angie Evans/Eloise Winters), her treatment of Celeste Holm at her farewell party for "Mame" (very Helen Lawson), etc. I also think it's laughable that they suggest a "romance" between her & Ron Nelson (I saw him on her A&E Bio & I doubt that very much).