​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'll Cry Tomorrow/Words and Music/Lillian's Version

Hi everyone...If you click the url above, it will take you to a page where you can listen to the music and view the lyrics to this particular version of "I'll Cry Tomorrow." This version was not used in the MGM film, but was recorded by Lillian Roth. It was also co-written by Lillian Roth. Julie was able to
acquire the sheet music for this piece. She sent it to me so that I could translate it to the webpages for
all to hear. It's a beautiful song. I love the version that was used in the film also. It's too bad that Lillian's version wasn't used along with the version that was in the film. It seems to me that a place could be found for equal attention. I think Lillian's version is a very well written song.

Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/Words and Music/Lillian's Version

Sorry...Ginger...I can't get to play. I click the url but nothing happens. Maybe it's my computer.
Errol

Re: Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/Words and Music/Lillian's Version

Okay, it's working from my end.. I'll send you the url via email...Ginger

Re: Re: Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/Words and Music/Lillian's Version

Ginger, your rendition of "I'll Cry Tomorrow" fills me with nostalgia. It is absolutely beautiful. I have always been hopelessly addicted to your music and spend hours at a time visiting Ginger's Piano Place. Your original compositions, "Susan's Song," "Lillian's Song," and your two newest, "Remembering" and "Soft Pale Dream" are musical gems.

It's time for you to go professional.

Julie

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/Words and Music/Lillian's Version

Thanks from the heart, Julie!! It's shaky, but I'm trying to go pro...!

Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/Words and Music/Lillian's Version

MY MESSAGE REALY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MUSIC. SUSAN HAYWARD BECAME MY FAVORITE ACTRESS AFTER SHE NAMED MY HOMETOWN, CHARLOTTESVILLE, VIRGINIA, IN AN EARLIER MOVIE, WITH A SONG IN MY HEART. WHAT I AM MOST INTERESTED IN ACQUIRING IS A COPY OF THE SEGMENT OF THIS IS YOUR LIFE IN WHICH RALPH EDWARDS INTERVIEWED LILLIAN ROTH. IT WAS DONE TWICE ON TV, AND MISS ROTH KNEW SHE WOULD BE THE SUBJECT OF THE SHOW. IF YOU KNOW HOW I CAN OBTAIN A COPY OF THAT THIS IS YOUR LIFE SEGMENT, PLEASE INFORM.

HUGH SADLER

Re: Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/Words and Music/Lillian's Version

Hugh,

Unfortunately, "This Is Your Life" with Lillian Roth is still secured by copyright and therefore not yet in the public domain. However, several underground copies have surfaced at e-Bay where they sold for $85 to $150 each. You might try looking for them there.

Julie