​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Adam Had Four Sons.....

It was a good'bad'role for her at that time I agree.It had a good face-off scene between Susan and Ingrid Bergman. I wonder, did Bergman ever play a villainous role ? It harks back to my mention a while back of how many stars were locked into a type of screen persona that they rarely deviated from, and consequently actresses like Susan, Linda Darnell and Gloria Swanson seemed to range the spectrum more freely.

I remember Henry Fonda being a 'nasty' in a western at one stage, Larry Olivier made a chilling villain in "Marathon Man" and even Gregory Peck was spectacularly evil and vile as Mengele in " The Boys From Brazil", but I don't think Bergman ( or James Stewart ?)ever played such a role in their careers.
Have I overlooked one here ??

Kerry

Re: Re: Adam Had Four Sons.....

Hi Kerry...I'm not real familiar with Ingrid Bergman's or Jimmy Stewart's careers but I can't remember a role for either one that was a "bad guy/girl role."