​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On what would have been Susan's 87th birthday, June 30th...

"Nobody remembers you when you're dead," she said.
"Oh, maybe some friends will," she agreed.

How could she know of the fans who cared
so deeply and felt such a need

to never forget her work and her life,
who admired her for her pluck?

Not many have left such a legacy;
it's not just a matter of luck.

So what is this "something" that Susan had
that held all of us in its glow?

What is it that keeps her fans so adoring,
no matter how much we now know

of the fact that she was an imperfect soul,
just as we all are in part.

What made her so special to those who cared
was she always showed us her heart.

We wish Susan were still with us, but we're grateful we had her at all.

Re: On what would have been Susan's 87th birthday, June 30th...

A beautifully worded tribute Gloria,
Eloquently phrased indeed.

And with your sentiments contained therein
I am fully agreed.

Kerry

Re: Re: On what would have been Susan's 87th birthday, June 30th...

Gloria, thank you for your beautiful sentiment in poetry.Today is a day to remember more vividly Susan Hayward's life and contributions. I always feel so cheated. She left us much too soon, but I agree with you.. I'm glad we had her and still have her on film. She just keeps on giving.

Very well said Gloria. And we still watch her movies when ever see that they are going to to be playing. And thanks to Ginger for keeping us informed when they are scheduled etc.

Gloria...what a wonderful tribute to Susan. Your poems have so much meaning and this one is so beautiful and so very true to heart.

As Ginger stated, she still keeps on giving, eventhough she is not here on earth. I hope she is watching over this beautiful site and the people whose lives she touched in such a very special way.

Thank you Gloria...

Errol

Susan Hayward's legacy to the world is in her beauty and talent. She is among the few great actresses of her day and any day. The movies she made are as emotionally timely today as when they were made. I wish the new generation of actresses had Susan's depth - for only when you feel can you portray. Most of today's stars give empty performances. Too bad she couldn't have been cloned so she would have been a part of us forever, not only on celluloid.

That's what I meant by Susan's having "heart," Jean. The so-called stars today seem to be cardboard cutouts for the most part. I used to be a big movie-goer. Not anymore. Today's offerings are special-effect extravaganzas. Good stories don't seem to exist, at least not in quantity. And the acting? Mostly second-rate.

Thank goodness for videos of the classics!