​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SUSAN HAYWARD'S LOS ANGELES HOME ADDRESSES

Hello
I'm trying to put together a list of places where she
lived at during her years in Los Angeles (addresses,
street names, ect.) and was wondering if anyone out
there might be able to help me out. From 1946 - 1955
she lived on Longridge Avenue in Sherman Oaks. But
I've never been able to find out the address. In 1955
she moved two houses down to 3801. During the years
she lived on this street, her neighbors were John Wayne
and his wife Chata, Lou Costello, Leo Gorcey, Judy
Garland and Stacy Keach Sr. What a block party they
must have had.
Thank you.
Bob

Re: SUSAN HAYWARD'S LOS ANGELES HOME ADDRESSES

I have lived in...and seen the original records of one place that she lived, before she was a big star. That was the Villa Elaine at 1245 N. Vine St. zip 90028.

The reason I still remember that address is because I moved back there five times!! When I came back from doing a show, I would get one of the garden court apts there. They are on three split levels and have 20 ft. windows in the livingroom. I actually lived in the apt she had been in, but didn't like it as much as a smaller one that Martha Raye had. Many stars were living there on their way up the Hollywood ladder. The Martha Raye one that I lived in was also the same apt. where John Cassevettes filmed "Faces", which had just been made, before I moved there for the first time. Had a gal friend who lived in the one that Doris Day had lived in.

The building is still there. In the late 80's it was about to be taken down, as was the Hollywood Open Air Ranch Market,(not the one on Fairfax) that was across the street from the Villa Elaine. There was a big protest for destroying the building, since it has so many Hollywood memories, so it has now been called a Hollywood landmark and will probally remain for many more years.

The CBS studios, where Susan did the Joey Bishop Show, is in the next block. I was living at the Villa Elaine when she appeard on that show and I was backstage that night. The cross street is Fountain & Vine.

Susan lived in the fancy courtyard apartments and then there are more apartments of all sizes on the three or four floors above. I lived across the courtyard from Will Geer in those days.

Errol

Just started using the net - I have been a big fan since 1950. In answer to your query - Susan and Jess and the boys lived at 3737 Longridge Avenue. I was actually outside the house in 1959 and had my picture taken there. Hope this helps.
Sincerely
Trish.

Re: Re: SUSAN HAYWARD'S LOS ANGELES HOME ADDRESSES

Hi Trish,

Thanks for your post. Do you , by any chance, still have the photo? If so, do you think you might could have it scanned so that I can try to post it on Susan's site..? just curious, and if it's possible for you to do this, I think Susan's admirers would find it very interesting.

Ginger

Bob,

It was 3737 Longridge Ave.

I go to AA meetings a 1/4 of a mile away on Ventura Blvd.

Tim

Thanks for Susan's former address. Do you know John Wayne's former address on Longridge Ave?