​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan

Now I have found my way in to message board I would like to thank Ginger sincerely for enabling me to share my collection of our wonderful Star. I am so thrilled to be able to do this and hope that some of the pictures will be new to you. I have been collecting since 1952 and had people from all over the world sending to me in the 1950's (in reply to my advertising in magazines).
Kerry mentioned hoping that Tim would see them - I hope so too as I do have quite a few of Susan, Jess and the boys when young - they were such a beautiful family and going by the pictures of Tim and his family, they still are.
I have spent hours looking through the web at the pix on view of Susan and will try to send some different ones.
Thanks so much for opening up a new world for me - Susan is the best there ever was or ever will be.
Trish.

Re: Susan

Trish, I'm happy that you have found your way to the message board again and please feel free to enter in and discuss with us. We are few in numbers, but we are a dedicated group who sincerely appreciate Susan Hayward's life and career and strive to keep her memory alive. I believe I speak for all of us when I write that we especially like the idea of having her become more well-known to the younger generation.

Yes, the photos of the family are beautiful and as you mentioned, Tim and his present day family photos are beautiful also. Perhaps, in time, I'll have some photos of Gregory and his family. Tim volunteered the photos of his family which I have been so happy to get on the site. I haven't asked Gregory and he might be willing to provide some photos. "You have not because you ask not."...I need to write him a note and ask if he would mind sending some photos. Well, I'll keep you posted.

I really enjoy looking at the photos and clippings that are "brand new" to me. Thanks again so very much and we look forward to seeing more as you have time to send them.

Re: Re: Susan

Dear Trish and Barb...THANK YOU...so very much, for giving all of the Susan fans a chance to see these wonderful photos and clippings. This is a rare treat and I must tell you that since this kind of thing doesn't happen all the time, we will be indebted to you for sharing them.

And..Dear Ginger...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for all the time you put into this beautiful site and for the many happy memories we have shared through the past years...being such fans of Dear Susan. You have done such a beautiful job of paying tribute to this great lady and actress.

I remember when I sent you all my collection, so they could be shared with the fans and all the time you put in, then, to get the pics up and showing. THIS is like it was THEN...starting over again with all the wonderful surprises that we have never seen before.

SUSAN will always be around...as long as there are fans like Trish, Barb who are willing to share their colletcions with us all. And...as long as there is someone as wonderful as Ginger, who gives so much to all of us...by putting so many hours into making sure we are all enjoying all that is given.

TRISH, BARB and GINGER...YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!!

Love to ALL...Errol

Re: Re: Re: Susan

Errol, thank you for the very nice words and I'm glad you like the photos in the scrapbook so far. I'm really looking forward to adding to it as I have time.Trish's photos will be a permanment part of Susan's pages as are your beautiful photos. Thanks again!

Dear Errol,

Many thanks for your kind words - I am so happy that thanks to Ginger, all this is happening and pleasing so many people who adore Susan. As you say, our lovely Susan will always be around for us - who could ever forget her. She has been in our hearts and souls for so long.

This is a magical time for me - having access to a computer and therefore the Internet and knowing I am in the company of fans who understand the meaning of
what first started for me nearly 55 years ago when I became entranced with the most beautiful lady I had ever seen.

Little did I think then that I would be able to see Susan whenever I cared to (which is pretty often) thanks to modern technology.

Hope you all enjoy the pictures.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Trish, I know all Susan fans will definitely enjoy
the great photos of Susan etc.
Thanks for sharing them.
Bob

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Trish: I can only add my "bravo!" to those of the people preceding me for your additions to Ginger's wonderful site. Like you, I've been a Susan Hayward fan for over 50 years and had never met any other fans until I found Ginger's site. There were times when I felt very alone out there remembering this great actress and memorable woman.

I look forward to seeing whatever you care to share with us.

Thanks again.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Hi to everyone..Trish sent me a new batch of photos and they are terrific.. most of them are so unusual...publicity photos of her, Jess, and the boys. I starting working with them last night. I'll try my best to get them online by next week-end...Ginger

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Ginger: The only other thing I could ask for (besides the photos) is that the Eagles win the Super Bowl.

I will then be a happy camper.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Gloria, we too are sorry about the Eagles losing.
Maybe next year.
And we are looking forward to more Susan Photos on the Trish page.
Bob

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan

Hi, Bob. I'm in a mourning period now over the Eagles' loss, along with all my friends and co-workers. (Not to mention the callers to the local sports radio station.) We're proud that the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl, but we are sorry they couldn't pull it off. I will say that the Patriots are a great team, and there's no shame in losing to such a team.

As you say, maybe next year.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Superbowl

Gloria, I don't know much about football but I did watch all of the superbowl and it seems to me the Eagles played really well, especially toward the end.. they just couldn't catch up in time. They gave the Patriots a good "run for their money" and it wasn't as easy for the Patriots as I think they must have expected it would be. The Patriots are a deserving team, but "come on".. give us a break.. three times is enough for awhile.. haFootball

Re: Re: Susan

I e-mailed Trish thanking her so much for sharing these fantasic photos of Susan and her family. SOme of them with Jess...she looked so happy!! I never seen any of these photos and I hope Trish will continue to enlighten us with her collection. Keep up the great work Ginger you are very special too!!

Ray, thanks and I've been excited about Trish's photos and clips also. I had wanted to get another section in the scrapbook finished this week-end but looks like it's not going to happen. I have a recital for about 20 of my piano students one coming Sunday, the 20th and that's slowing me down somewhat...but hopefully, I'll get the scrapbook together within the next couple of weeks.Thanks again... Ginger