​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lone Star

Talking of Robert Mitchum, he was always my favourite male star and I could watch him in anything. However, I was probably too busy watching Susan in their two films together to notice him as much! They had some good dialogue though.

I was always sorry that Susan was never paired properly with Rory Calhoun. Obviously they were partners in With a Song in My Heart but there were no real love scenes.
He did show up in I'd Climb the Highest Mountain but I would have liked to have seen them as on-screen lovers. I believe he has always maintained she was his favourite co-star and I just wonder if sparks would have flown had they starred together.

Gloria, I do agree with you re Charlton Heston. He and Susan were lovely together but of course, it was an especially lovely film!

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lone Star

Hi, Trish. Yes, absolutely I wish she and Rory Calhoun had some real love scenes. They were wonderful together with "Song." And, like you, I wished while watching "Mountain," that he had been her co-star. Interestingly, although I think the two movies were only a year or so apart, Rory did look a lot younger in "Mountain," don't you think?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lone Star

Yes Gloria, Rory Calhoun definitely looked more mature in With a Song in My Heart. Who can forget his face when he is in audience watching Susan emoting the title song. What a movie, one of her many all-time greats. I know it's a cliche but ... they don't make them like that any more!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lone Star

Trish: And the music! They don't write them like that any more, either.

This was always my favorite Hayward movie. I still watch it. The production numbers are great, especially the title song segment. I can't even imagine that many violinists on one set!

All in all, a perfect movie.