​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan in "old" age.

Hi, Kerry. I just saw your posting relating to Talu. You may not have seen this Kathleen Turner rendition as I'm not sure it even lasted on Broadway!

As to the Great Dame, I have seen his/her previous show, The Royal Tour, and I would love to see the latest offering. I understand it's doing big business on the Great White Way, and I am definitely a fan. So one of these days...

Incidentally, nobody else seems to know. Maybe you do: What happened to the Dame's silent buddy, Madge? Did she die, or was her frumpiness no longer welcomed by the gloriously attired Dame?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan in "old" age.

Gloria - unfortunately I have not seen the Dame live since ooh maybe late 70's, and was consequently unaware that Madge Allsop, her much maligned bridesmaid may no longer be with her ?

The last I heard - her husband Norm had passed on (after suffering from a "rumbling prostate" for years".
Daughter Valmai was in shoplifters rehab.
Sons Bruce and Kenny are wildly gay but the Dame shows no evidence of being aware of the possibility
and her mother was in a maximum security twilight home.

As far as I knew, Madge (whom Edna described as " a human maggot, held together by bacteria and fuelled by Valium") was still suffering the torments of the ****ed from her harsh friend.

Admittedly, in what passes for the real world - Madge was played by actress Emily Perry who was an octagenarian when she first appeared with the Dame, so would be well over 90 now, thus she may well have passed on and Edna would probably not replace her, or indeed may have retired.

Kerry