​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan

Susan has been my favorite actress since I first saw her in Tap Roots. I still think she was the best. It's hard to believe she has been gone 30 years. It doesn't seem possible. I remember I saw her on the Academy Awards show in 1974, and she looked so great. I believe that is the last time she appeared in public.

I haven't been active for awhile as i have been very ill since last summer. Twice I was near death, however, I'm on the mend now and hope to be active again.

Re: Susan

Jean: Welcome back. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Yes, Susan was the best, as all of us on Ginger's great website can attest. And you're right. It is unbelievable that she's been gone for 30 years. But nowhere is the term "gone but not forgotten" more appropriate. Her last public appearance was on that 1974 Academy Awards show, but she paid a price for it. She was said to have collapsed in her car afterwards. She wanted to give her public one last chance to see her in person, which took guts. But then, Susan always had that.

Re: Re: Susan

Hello Jean, very happy to hear that you're back with us once again. May your health improve with each passing day. God bless...Ray

Hello Jean....thank you so much for letting us know how you are doing. I'm so sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult time. We are very glad to hear from you. I know that you have special feelings toward Susan as we all do. We hope to hear from you from time to time and hope that you will continue to get better and better.

You have had a rough spin Jean - sorry to hear that, but hopefully, you will continue to recover and rally back to good health.

Kerry

Re: Re: Susan

Hi Jean...I was wondering what had happened to you! It seems that some people stay around for awhile and then move on. Too bad, because they are missed. I know you used to give your loving thoughts about Susan and then when it stopped, I had no idea that you had been ill.

Please continue to get better and what a refreshing treat to have you back with the 'good ole fans' of our gal!!

I look forward to hear more of your improvements. May health and happiness be with you...Always...
Errol...

I'm sorry to hear you were ill, but I'm glad you are doing better! Yes, it is hard to believe Susan has been gone 30 years! She had such an unstoppable aura. Always seemed to me that she attained so much but only got to enjoy it for a short time. If she had become a Brooklyn housewife, would she have lived until her 80's (like her sister Florence) & be miserable or content? She was very successful, & yet wasn't always happy. The dynamic of Edythe Marrenner will always fascinate me.