​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

Ginger and Trish:

As always, thanks for the pictures. I have to admit I was taken aback by the brown accessories to navy and white, but if Susan wore them, they had to look marvelous.

Incidentally, I love Susan's upswept hairdo in the picture of her with Heston. Do you know what the awards ceremony was? Did it have anything to do with "The President's Lady?"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

Gloria, I was thinking perhaps this was the awards ceremony the following year that Susan won for I Want To Live..didn't Heston win it for Ben Hur that year?, and because Susan had won the best actress the previous year, more than likely she would have been the one to present the Best Actor award...well, this is pure speculation on my part, but it makes sense. I'll research it a little further.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

Ginger,

I think you are exactly right. I have seen one or two more pictures of Susan and Charlton Heston at the occasion of the Oscars the year he won for Ben Hur. Off the top of my head I think the movie won 11 altogether. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Trish