​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
With a million thanks to George Cukor!

I thought you may be interested in the following from one of my scrapbooks. This is a part copy of a letter as follows:

Selznick International
Pictures Inc.
New York City

To: Mr. Selznick
Date : November 6, 1937

"I rehearsed Edith Marriner who is a J. Walter Thornton Model, for the past week. Mr. Cukor heard her yesterday afternoon. Next week she will be rehearsed by Mr. Cukor who told me he felt that she had definite possibilities."

As we all know Edythe did have "definite possibilities" or I wouldn't be writing this now!

Trish

Re: With a million thanks to George Cukor!

Hi, Trish:

Yes, thanks indeed to Cukor. The man always had taste, as we know from his pictures. What a shame he never had a chance to direct Susan Hayward. Can you imagine what that film would have been?

Gloria

Re: Re: With a million thanks to George Cukor!

Thanks Trish, and I don't know if any of you have noticed but Walter Thornton's son has signed my Susan Hayward guestbook (a year or so ago I think) and he mentioned something about his father's postiveness (is that a word?.. ha) toward Susan as a model.. well, anyway, I'll see if I can find it in the guestbook and I'll copypaste it here... Ginger.

Re: Re: Re: With a million thanks to George Cukor!

Ginger:

I do remember seeing Thornton's son's comments on your website. Not only shows how much of an impression Susan made on people, but how much your website makes, too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: With a million thanks to George Cukor!

Thank you, Gloria..working on Susan's site is a labor of love...something I truly enjoy and something from which I get a lot of personal reward and satification.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: With a million thanks to George Cukor!

I mean't "satisfaction".. duh, it would help if I could spell... LOL