​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SMASH UP

I was very thrilled to find out that "Smash Up" will be shown as part of a salute to cinematographer Stanley Cortez at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art on February 24. I have been waiting to see this film on the big screen, and I definitely will be there. I am also hoping that Marsha Hunt shows up, since she is still active around town.

Jill

Re: SMASH UP

Lucky you, Jill! Be sure and give us a report. I would love to see that film on the big screen also. It would be really nice if you got to see and meet Marsha Hunt....what a memorable "catfight" scene was that between Hunt and Hayward in the ladies' lounge! I've seen that copied on the "soaps" and other performances but none could do it better than Marsha Hunt and Susan Hayward.

Re: Re: SMASH UP

If I recall correctly, Susan and Cortez were friends. So I imagine Susan will be there not only on screen but in spirit.

Re: Re: SMASH UP

Aly and I will be there tonight...

Re: Re: Re: SMASH UP

Tim, I'll be thinking of you and your daughter tonight. I hope it all goes well and you both have a wonderful evening. If you have some time, we would love for you to "fill us in."

You, too, Jill.. if you made it.. thanks!

Re: Re: Re: SMASH UP

Hi Tim:
It was very nice talking with you, however briefly, at the "Smash-Up" screening. I give myself credit for having an eagle eye and picking you out from the crowd because I didn't know you were going to be there. What a surprise! Thanks to Ginger for the photos on this website--that's the only way I recognized you and Ally.

I am sure you will agree that the print shown was great (sometimes that is not the case at the Bing), and that the film really has to be seen on the big screen to get the full effect of the acting, black-and-white cinematography and costumes. I got so much more out of this viewing than I ever did watching it on videotape.

I know seeing the film probably has more personal connotations for you, but I hope you enjoyed it. I think we would all love to get your reaction to seeing the film if you feel comfortable talking about it. It would be interesting to know how Ally liked it as well. BTW, seeing Ally in person I couldn't get over how much she looks like that other redhead--quite an incanny resemblance and a joy to behold.

Thanks for making this screening an extra special occasion by your presence.

Jill

Re: Re: Re: Re: SMASH UP

Hi Jill,

Thanks for allowing us to see your report. I'm happy that you got to see Tim and Ally ("another beautiful redhead!")

And Tim, yes, if you do have time, please let us know your thoughts on the evening. We would really love to hear from you.

Ginger...