​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lillian Roth

I have been an admirer of Lillian Roth ever since I saw Paramount on Parade a few years ago. Since then I have seen a number of her movies and have a copy of "Take a Chance" with Buddy Rogers . . . a truly awful movie but Lillian's "Eadie Was a Lady" number is great and lo and behold, Vivian Vance (Ethel) is featured in it.

My Palm Springs tax man lived in Lillian's PS home and that address is: 1577 S. Riverside Dr. Palm Springs, CA. I also correspond occasionally with her nephew, David Rutstein.

I think that her movie appearances are outstanding and she is really memorable in "Ladies They Talk About". Sterling

Re: Lillian Roth

Sterling, Thank you so much for your nice and informative note about Lillian Roth. I'm going to write to my friend, Julie, who was Lillian's secretary and friend for many years. I want to make sure that she sees your note and perhaps she will be able to respond.....Ginger

Re: Re: Lillian Roth

Sterling, thank you for posting your admiration for Lillian Roth. Glad you enjoyed her old films so much.

In your message you mentioned corresponding with David Rutstein whom you identify as Lillian Roth's nephew. To my knowledge, I am sorry to say, this information is incorrect.

To prove me wrong, I would appreciate it if you would ask David Rutstein to introduce himself to the Board and let us know how he became Lillian Roth's nephew; or, perhaps you, yourself, can tell us since you said in a private email that you have been exchanging Lillian Roth memorabilia with him for years. Thanks.

Hello to all,
Julie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Sterling, Thank you so much for your nice and informative note about Lillian Roth. I'm going to write to my friend, Julie, who was Lillian's secretary and friend for many years. I want to make sure that she sees your note and perhaps she will be able to respond.....Ginger

Re: Re: Re: Lillian Roth

Julie,

It seemed to me that he was a great nephew or something. He must be something of a family member because he is one of the rare individuals who actually collects memorabilia on her. He may be a cousin. I do know that he never met her but knows relatives who did. I have been in touch with him off and on for over 10 years. Sterling