​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan's glorious entry in TCM's new book :the 50 most unforgettable actresses!

TCM speaks gloriously oof Susan hayward in their lavish new book on the most unforgettable actresses -leading ladies-of the studio era!

They recall that she was the most popular actress in the world in 1952,they write that after signing her contract with Fox that she quickly became Fox number one leading lady...

They also "sing " about her hair being the most beautiful/sexiest in movies
They recall her five nominations and her oscar...and they show 4 illustrations/photos.

Only mistake is that they inversed the captions under the photos of "I want to live " and "I'll cry tomorrow"...

Well if TCM could follow now with AT LAST a big Susan Hayward film tribute ....and if Fozx could release "With a song in my heart" (remastered) together with a pair of other Hayward Starrers...then her legend would be honoured ...at last.

Let's pray and let's continue asking Fox video,TCM and others to release Susan Hayward movies.

Will you also ask,fellow fans?

Thank you.

Phil.

Re: Susan's glorious entry in TCM's new book :the 50 most unforgettable actresses!

Dear Phil,

Thank you for letting us all know of Susan's entry in the "50 Most Unforgettable Actresses" book. I shall look out for it.

This sounds a fitting tribute to a great Lady who has certainly made her mark in the film world and captured our hearts at the same time.

As you so rightly say Phil, it is high time more of Susan's films were released (and not just for the American market but also here in Britain).

Trish

Re: Re: Susan's glorious entry in TCM's new book :the 50 most unforgettable actresses!

Good to know that we aren't the only ones who honor Susan Hayward. It's been a long wait!

If someone knows how to buy this book, please post it, will you?

Re: Re: Re: Susan's glorious entry in TCM's new book :the 50 most unforgettable actresses!

I ordered it from amazon.uk,and it is also available from amazon.com.

Also directly available from the TCM classicmovies site

All the best to THE redhead's fans

Phil.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan's glorious entry in TCM's new book :the 50 most unforgettable actresses!

I would like to ad tht big names like Joan Fontaine,Jennifer Jones,Eleanor Parker,Jane Wyman and many more are not included in the 50 most unforgettable female star of the studio era.

It 's a pity for Eleanor Parker by the way who is one of my favourite actresses though...

It makes the entry of Susan ,and the brilliant choice of photographs as well as the great comments fromTCM about her carreer and her stardom even more remarkable.

Will they have a big tribute on her at last on TCM now?