​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bailey's Bistro Gig/No. 2

Ginger, glad it is going well at Bailey's. If I were there, I would heckle you and ask drunkenly if you can play "Melancholy Baby." Just kidding!

I don't think you mentioned how you got the gig. Did you have to audition? Everytime I have seen people who play in cocktail lounges I have always been envious. Thought it would be the best thing in the world to do. And without the smoke, even better.

Lucky you.

Jill

Re: Bailey's Bistro Gig/No. 2

Ginger, where do you live and is Bailey's in your hometown?

Paula

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bailey's Bistro Gig/No. 2

Jill, Oh, I could play Melancholoy Baby for you.. no problem..just don't ask me to play any Led Zeppelin.. as one person did the other night.. LOL

I lucked into the gig. They are renting from my cousin who owns the building. His mother, my aunt, was there just checking it out earlier in the year when they were rennovating and she learned that the owners wanted someone to play piano at least one night per week...Bingo... my aunt told her about me... then I sent them one of my cds so they could hear my style and that's how it worked out. I hope it lasts for a while because it sure is fun and I've missed doing that sort of thing. I'm going to enjoy the ride!

Re: Re: Bailey's Bistro Gig/No. 2

Paula,

I live in Lee's Summit, Missouri which is in the metro Kansas City area. Baily Bistro (it doesn't have the apostrophe in it..my mistake in previous posts) is less than 10 minutes from where I live..oh, I feel so lucky! Yes, Baily Bistro is on Main Street in Lee's Summit,MO.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bailey's Bistro Gig/No. 2

Ginger, thanks for the rundown on how you got the job. Great way to get it, too, without really seeking it.

But imagine someone asking for Led Zeppelin. Oh well...

How many songs would you say you play a night?

Jill