​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mame/Caesars Palace "Circusbill"

The blurb in the Program is a deservedly great write up and summary of her wonderful career.

I first ever got to America in 1970 - typical, as I think this show was around 1968- 1969 ish ? - and I would dearly love to have seen it.

Kerry

Re: Re: Mame/Caesars Palace "Circusbill"

Kerry, I was about 18 or 19 when I read in the paper about her appearing in Las Vegas. At that time, she may as well have been appearing on another planet as far as I was concerned. It was about as likely for me to get to do something like that as the Pope being Jewish.. ha...if it were today, I'd have been to see her in a flash...yes, I feel like I missed something rare and there doesn't seem to be any record of it.

Re: Re: Re: Mame/Caesars Palace "Circusbill"

Ginger..I think I have made a big error in the posting I just did...on seeing MAME. I saw it with Susan and then four times with ANN MILLER.

I stated the BEATRICE ARTHUR played Vera Charles opposite Susan...But I think that is wrong! I know it was BEA ARTHUR with ANN MILLER, but I think if you look in that playbill I gave you...it will show that I made a mistake..and that it was NOT Bea opposite SUSAN.

I now remember her as being a blonde. Would you look and see if that is right? I guess I'm getting senile.
(Maybe I didn't even see..SUSAN as MAME..lol).NO OF THAT..I AM...SURE...(ha!) Errol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mame/Caesars Palace "Circusbill"

Errol, someone by the name of Delphi Lawrence played Vera Charles opposite Susan. I have never heard of Delphi Lawrence. I haven't read your post yet, but will go read it now. It's nice to hear from you.. I'm glad you have checked in...Ginger

P.S. I didn't realize Ann Miller had played Mame. I always loved Ann Miller. I bet she was great in the part also.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mame/Caesars Palace "Circusbill"

I met Delphi Lawrence in Stratford, Ontario at Brian Bedford's house
in 1981 or so. She was playing with Mr. Bedford in a play at the Royal Alexandra Theatre called "Who Life Is It Anyway?" She told me she played with Susan Hayward at Caesar's Palace and played with Ingrid Bergman on stage
as well. She was born in England, lived in New York.