​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube

Here is a lovely little treasure I know you will enjoy....very rare...

This is Susan returning to her high school alma mater.. Prospects High (Was it called Girls Commercial when she was attending??.. can't remember fo sure)...this is during a promotion for With A Song In Heart.. I love this clip! I hope you will too! Click above..

Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Actually it is called Prospects Heights High in the video.

Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Thanks a lot Ginger....I had never seen that.Great document.

Is there a film of Susan putting her heet and and hands inprints on the hollywood boulevard, i think it was august 1951?

Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Phil,I'm thinking that might be in the A&E bio ( which I haven't finished yet for youtube..so haven't seen all of it in a while..) OR, it might be in the Mysteries and Scandals.. I've seen it somewhere..I'll get it on youtube if I find it. I'm sure I must have it.

Glad you like the back to school clip. Errol alerted me about that one on Fox Movie Channel a few years ago. I thought it was so unique.

A few more surprises are coming.. so stay tuned!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Ginger,

How fabulous to see this clip of Susan at her old school and also the one of her accepting the Photoplay Award. Thank you so much for enabling us to view these video clips.

Susan also won the Picturegoer Annual Award in 1953 - this was based on all of us "Brits" buying the magazine and filling in the voting form. I remember I made up some forms of my own and went round asking my friends and sometimes their family to fill them in and vote for Susan which most of them did. Whether they were disqualified by not being on "official forms" remains to be seen but she was the winner anyway. I think that Picturegoer stated - "It was Susan Hayward all the way, right from the word go". She won the Picturegoer Award again for "I'll Cry Tomorrow" - most deservedly so! She so should have had the Oscar for that film - my favourite of them all.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Trish, I'm happy that you could view the clips.

Does the UK still have "Pituregoer"??? I've seen various issues of the magazine on sale at ebay.

Maybe they did count your forms!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Great Trish.....And Picturegoer DID put Susan several times on their cover too...contrary to Photoplay!

Phil.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Phil,

Yes, Susan did grace the cover of Picturegoer a lot of times, 7 I think and we in Britain also had Picture Show to read. I believe they featured Susan on the cover 8 times.

In answer to Ginger, I seem to remember Picturegoer stopped printing in around 1960.

However, it is disappointing to see these magazines today when we have all become used to the wonderful, colourful American versions. They looked dreary in comparison as they were mostly in sepia colour. I remember thinking one of the best gifts I ever received was from an American pen-pal of mine in 1955 when she gave me a year's subscription to Modern
Screen. I was delighted!

In those days I was in touch with wonderful people who sent me pictures and clippings of Susan from all over the world which greatly enhanced my collection.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Trish, I think it's intriguing that since you are from the UK that you developed such an interest and affection for Susan. We tend to focus on our own country's actors/actresses it seems for the most part (however, I did always love Vivien Leigh after seeing Gone With The Wind)....which gives me an idea for a new post, so I'll put it at the top..

Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Ginger, thanks for the clip. Enjoyed seeing it immensely. Loved the opening shot, with her familiar walk!

Jill

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/o

Thanks, Jill.. I'm glad you got to see it! Don't you know that high school crowd went wild and crazy that day!