​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Susan's "Biography" on TV, May 31, June 1

Kerry:

Does that mean you will have to buy cable then? It won't be free, I assume. I'm just interested in how the rest of the world handles this.

Re: Susan's "Biography" on TV, May 31, June 1

Jill - no the change won't compel purchase of cable. It affects free to air broadcasting. Basically, if anyone wants tv reception at all ( once the change is ultimately effected) they will have to have either an integrated digital television set, or a converter which is a set top box that converts the signal. Our stations will only broadcast in digital as opposed to analogue broadcast which was how we started out decades ago.

Kerry

Re: Re: Susan's "Biography" on TV, May 31, June 1

I already bought two converter boxes for my two TV sets, since the government was offering a $20 rebate towards each one, and you were allowed up to two $20 rebates.

So, unless my two analog sets decide to break before next February when the switch to digital TV happens, I'm okay.

My understanding is that if you have cable TV, the cable company in effect takes care of the change to digital, and the subscriber doesn't pay. At least, that's how it is with the cable provider in my area of Pennsylvania.