​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hello

While I'm with Desiree regarding the excitement and bliss of being landed with 50 cans of sardines, they would have done wonders for your Omega 3 levels - LOL.

At least with Quiz Shows and many Game Shows, the contestant has some input, some means of using skills, general knowledge, memory function, innovativeness etc.

For those of us who appear cursed when it comes to random luck and blind chance, as in raffles, Lottos, slot machines, most gambling, scratch and win tickets, lucky door prizes, bingo - whatever - we are 100% at the mercy of the fates and luck. There is naught we can do to influence the outcome.

I don't blame you Jill, for some lingering angst with a missed Jamaican trip. That would have been a terrific prize.

Kerry

Re: Re: Hello

Yeah, Kerry, I wish I had liked sardines.

You're right about at least having a fighting chance with a quiz show -- that is if you don't goof up the last acting-out charade. But we filmed two shows on that day and I blamed my blackout on that.

As far as the blind luck goes, I have won things (raffles, business card drawings, door prizes) quite a bit over the years. I've won a flower arrangement, a globe of the world, food-warmer, champagne brunch at the Queen Mary and a weekend stay in a mini-suite in Palm Springs. (The latter was really fun.) But I have not won anything lately. Boo hoo.

I had a funny experience regarding a door prize. I went to a reunion of my college one year and they announced my name as winning some Tom Arnold hats and stuff from his ill-fated show. I didn't even acknowledge when they read the number, but just kept sitting. Not only did the "prize" not appeal to me, but in truth I had a little too much wine and didn't feel comfortable going up on stage.

Jill