​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan on a stamp/Posting for Trish

Trish sent this photo of Susan on a Somalia stamp. I had never seen this before. Thanks, Trish!

Re: Susan on a stamp/Posting for Trish

What a sexy pose for Susan! Was this a recently produced stamp, or one made
in the 50's or 60's?

Re: Re: Susan on a stamp/Posting for Trish

Susan made many "sexy poses" during her life and I believe this stamp was from the 1950's. It looks as though she was dressed for "Demetrius and The Gladiators" - lots of "sexy poses" in that film.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Susan on a stamp/Posting for Trish

Thanks for the information, Trish. Susan was certainly popular, if a country
like Somalia produced a stamp with her on it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan on a stamp/Posting for Trish

Yes Amy, Susan was VERY popular in many countries. I remember reading on Ginger's site a few years back when a young man (?) wrote in to say how popular Susan had been in the 1950's in his country. Now I seem to remember it was somewhere like Iran or at least a middle eastern country. He said that SUSAN was the most popular name for girls born during that time and people used to always queue outside the cinema to see her when her pictures were showing as she was so loved by so many. (Those people had a lot of sense!!)

Maybe Ginger will remember the letter about which I am talking.

Susan also had a massive European following in countries like Spain, France, Germany and of course the U.K.

She was a Blessing for so many people - including us, and still is to this day.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan on a stamp/Posting for Trish

Trish, yes, I remember, and I think the note is still way back in the guestbook. I'll try to find it.

Re: Susan on a stamp/Posting for Trish

Wow, I like that! I've always thought it was amazing that she was so popular so many different countries, especially when they are ones you do not hear very much about :)

Thanks very much for finding that.