​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ray's Photo Collection/No. 20

I was wondering whether Ray ( or Ginger for that matter) could tell me the year of this publication
please ? And does the heading 'Sunday Mirror' indicate that it is the supplement from a particular newspaper or was it a stand alone type magazine ?

Love the shot (obviously).

Kerry

Re: Re: Ray's Photo Collection/No. 20

Kerry, it's not showing up well on the photo under the title on the website, but the picture itself is from the Sunday Mirror Magazine Section, New York, September 25, 1949.

Thanks Ginger - yes it does look around that vintage.

Terrific shot.

Kerry

Re: Re: Ray's Photo Collection/No. 20

Gorgeous picture - it is actually the first large colour pic I put in my very first scrapbook - I remember I cut it out of a film annual around 1951!

I know I am preaching to the converted but did you ever see such beautiful eyes?

My young grandson just watched Demetrius and The Gladiators with me and said he really, really, liked Susan Hayward. When I asked him why he said he liked to look at her and her hair was beautiful - the boy has sense at 10 years old.

Trish

Hi, this cover is so beautiful. Susan appeared on at least five or more times on the New York Sunday Mirror magazine section, this is ofcourse from Sept.25, 1949. The publishers had good taste using Susan many times on their front page. The New York Sunday Newspaper Picture magazine had Susan four times on their front cover and they are all in living color. Out of this world, with her beautiful hair. These two magazine sections are totally different.