​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BIG...STORIES...BIG...NEWS...AFTER....OSCAR WIN...>>>

Jill:

I agree with you that autobiographies should be truthful about everything they report. (Some people may say, why report a cross-dressing Chandler, but heck, the woman was contemplating marrying him. By itself, that's reason enough, I say!)

Frankly, I loved her retort about the polka dots, LOL.

I agree with Bette Davis's remark about actresses and actors, too. Who knew better than la Davis about the subject? I also loved her comment about old age not being for sissies. I keep learning more and more about that as the years go by.

I guess the only thing that troubles me about any of these stories on celebrities is that they seem to occur more after they're dead and can't respond to them. But such is the nature of gossip, and we do pay attention to it.

Re: Re: BIG...STORIES...BIG...NEWS...AFTER....OSCAR WIN...>>>

I believe in telling the truth too, but some things, I think, could be omitted...just my own thoughts..everyone feels differntly about it. If I were a member of Jeff Chandler's family, I wouldn't have appreciated Esther Williams "broadcasting" that information, but then, again, to each his own.

Pretty cool,though, Jill, that you actually met and talked with Esther Williams.