​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WITH A SONG IN MY HEART...MOVIE OF THE MONTH..FEBURARY...>>

Errol:

I swear that in reading your posting, it was as if I was reading my own! As I've said on this website before, I saw WASIMH at my local movie theater and was so mesmerized that I sat through it twice! Unfortunately for me, my mother wasn't mesmerized, wondering why I hadn't come home on time and she sent my father to find me. While I was watching the film for the second time, suddenly a flashlight was shining on me, and there stood my irate dad and the usher.

Unlike your experience with your uncle, I couldn't convince my father that I'd just witnessed an event equal to the earth's spinning on its axis (or whatever it does spin on, LOL), for to me -- like you -- seeing this wonderful film with an effervescent star like Susan was an experience I'd never had previously and haven't had since.

Prior to the film, I'd never heard of Jane Froman. She was before my time, but I followed her career with her own show on TV after the film.

Of course, I knew about Susan Hayward, but I'd never known she could evoke the physical, emotional and spiritual quality of another real person so completely. I knew then that there would never be another movie star like Susan for me. And there never has been.