​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOT..SEEING...SUSAN..FIL,MS...ON...THEATER SCREEN..???

SORRY...I sometimes am gone and unable to post for quite awhile..so when I come back and see posts that are
so interesting..I just have to make comment on them!

(I've been doing stage again..but now back in so. Utah and ready to do "HARVEY" in Cedar City, Utah..July/Aug run.)

I am so shocked that so many fans have hardly ever seen
Susan's films in the movie theater! How much you have missed, by not viewing them, as originally intended.

It just brought back some memories of WHERE I saw Susan films..and can remember ALL of them, but here..
this will give you a little example of 'only some of them' and where they were seen...

The following played in the two theaters where I grew up, so I was lucky enough to see most of them as a teenager during the '50's...
STAR THEATER, GUNNISON, UTAH (Now it has become a historic landmark in Utah and refurbished. I was just there Memorial Day weekend and sang at my 50th High school reunion.) I saw these films there...
"I'LL CRY TOMORROW", "UNTAMED", "TOP SECRET AFFAIR".
"THE LUSTY MEN", "THE SNOWS OF KILIMANJARO", "GARDEN OF EVIL", "SOLDIER OF FORTUNE", "REAP THE WILD WIND" (a re-issue in 1955)"WHITE WITCH DOCTOR" "UNTAMED"..In PAYSON, UTAH "WITH A SONG IN MY HEART"..(when I first became a SUSAN FAN 1952)

In SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH.."BACK STREET", "THE MARRIAGE-GO-ROUND", "STOLEN HOURS", "WOMAN OBSESSED"
"THUNDER IN THE SUN"..(re-issue.."THE FORREST RANGERS" "I THANK A FOOL".

IN HOLLYWOOD..."BACK STREET" (again..I wound up seeing this film...14 times in the movie theater)a Sneak Preview of "THE HONEY POT" at the Chinese Theater..I remember walking,with a girlfriend, from Hollywood to Beverly Hills..to the WILSHIRE THEATER..to see the opening night of "WHERE LOVE HAS GONE".

These are just what I can think of, right now, but I'm sure there were many more. It would seem such a very sad thing, not to have been able to see them as they were orignally meant to be seen.

Oh..and yes....there was a revival theater (maybe someone who is still from Hollywood area can remember the name of it) where they showed the original 3-strip Technicolor version of "WITH A SONG IN MY HEART"..and I was fortunate enough to see that.

I truly wish they would open more revival movie theaters, so that those who have never had the chance to see these and other 'movie gems', could see them as they were originally intended to be seen.

Love To All....Errol

Re: NOT..SEEING...SUSAN..FIL,MS...ON...THEATER SCREEN..???

Yes I agree that the big screen in a theatre setting is a far superior way to view movies (Susan's and any movies really).

Apart from the visual impact and sound system that very few of us would have home theatre set ups to rival, I always felt that you more easily get 'into' a movie in a cinema rather than at home.

Regardless of the quality of a dvd, irrespective of whether one is alone, uninterrupted and can watch it start to finish without being distracted - the familiar surroundings of a home living room almost subconsciously anchor us to the reality of watching a film as a spectator.

But in a large cinema, and especially if watching it by yourself, it is easy to slide into the film and experience the character's emotions ( although that may be just me as I was always and ever, over imaginative - lol.)

Kerry