​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ray's Photo Collection/No.26

I will also await Ray's reply, but would hazard a guess that it may be Portuguese ? Maybe not as in a magazine from Portugal but perhaps from Brazil ?

Kerry

You are correct, Kerry; this beautiful magazine is from Brazil. I have four O'Cruzeiro magazine's with Susan. They are about the size of Life magazine and each one of them are gorgeous.

More on this cover it was actually printed in Rio de Janiero, Brazil August 1953. It is a large magazine with many ads including latest models of cars, fashions, romance stories, and many more articles, but nothing on Susan. They spelled Susan's name like " Sujan Hayward " on the inside cover. Thanks.

Thanks Ray - your collection of international magazines always brings to mind just how globally popular Susan was in her heyday.

One may have assumed that a Brazilian mag from 1953 may feature Carmen Miranda adorned with fruit baskets on the cover, but just as in Japan, France, Scandanavia, Spain, Italy and more ( not to mention Australia, Canada, England and so forth) we find Susan Hayward gracing covers in countries outside the U.S. including many non English speaking cultures.

A testament to her popularity and ability to appeal to such a wide range of people and nationalities.

Kerry

What a cool cover! Love it.

A lovely picture Ray which certainly shows Susan's bone structure to perfection. Thank you so much.

Trish

SORRY...and this is NOT meant to offend the picture at all! But when I looked at the 'pose' and Susan..I thought...'Susan could play DIANNE FEINSTEINE, if she were alive today!'

That look and the leaning..AND..the outfit with the big flower..just hit me as a real...DIANNE look of today!!

Hi guys,

Thanks for this unique cover/photo...

I love it.....it's fro a n early 50 's (52/53?) quite unknown photo shoot...

great pose,wonderful hair,great facial bone structure and expression.

wish we could see more altrenatives from this session...