​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Foolish Heart/April film

Still lagging behind, but I started "My Foolish Heart"tonight. It has been several years since I have seen it. I'm looking forward to watching it again. I love the theme song. Watch it with me if you like.

Re: My Foolish Heart/April film

Wow, how society has changed since this film!

I don't know how Susan and Dana Andrews got along on the set, but I do know that they have great chemistry on film. They were good together in "Canyon Passage" also.

Ginger:

I just acquired "My Foolish Heart," which, like you, I hadn't seen in ages. I have to admit being disappointed this time, in that I thought both Susan and Dana Andrews too old for their parts! (In fact, I said that to Trish, and she agreed.) I just could no longer buy the fact that Susan was a college student and Dana a young soldier.

You are right, of course, in saying that times have changed since that picture. Boy, have they ever! Today, that baby could grow up to be president, and nobody would give his birth circumstances a second thought. (No, I wasn't referring to anyone we know, but if it reminds you of somebody, c'est la vie.)

I had read in one of the books on Susan that Dana Andrews had given her some tax advice vis a vis her marriage to Jess. I don't recall what that advice was, but I suppose it indicates that they got along well.

Years ago I saw Dana Andrews in a play. Would you believe that in a theater you absolutely could not understand a word he said? His voice did not project well at all. I guess that "mellowness" was better suited for film.

What has stood the test of time to me was the theme song of MFH. One of my favorites then and today.

Gloria Wrote: -"You are right, of course, in saying that times have changed since that picture. Boy, have they ever! Today, that baby could grow up to be president, and nobody would give his birth circumstances a second thought. (No, I wasn't referring to anyone we know, but if it reminds you of somebody, c'est la vie.)"

Yes, Gloria, it actually does remind me of someone in a nightmare I had that suddenly became a reality.