​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JESS BARKER...FILM TO BE SHOWN ON TCM....TODAY..>>>

I am planning to record THE BLACK BOOK...a film that JESS BARKER made in 1949. Since I don't have many of his films, I really want to get a copy of this one. I have never seen it...but have always looked for it to appear...and today is the day.

I am on MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME and my show time for the
film is 11 am...

The film also stars....ROBERT CUMMINGS, RICHARD BASEHART
ARLENE DAHL, RICHARD HART and ARNOLD MOSS...so if you get a chance...you might want to check out this action-adventure film.

Re: JESS BARKER...FILM TO BE SHOWN ON TCM....TODAY..>>>

Errol,

Nadia got me a copy of "Trail of the Lonesome PIne". Boy, was he young then...

BTW, here are some pics. that Michael and Aimee took when they were visiting near you...

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/utah/

(cut and paste)

Best,

Tim B./ Planettrout

Re: JESS BARKER...FILM TO BE SHOWN ON TCM....TODAY..>>>

Hi Tim...Thanks for the response! First off...on your dad's role in THE BLACK BOOK...I have always wanted to see this one, because I remembered he had a great role as a very evil guy in pursuit of Cummings and Dahl. I
really enjoyed it...and there are some more I want to find of his and I have made a list to watch for. You did give me a surprise though..because I was not aware that he was in TRAIL OF THE LONESOME PINE and I should have known that!! Darn it!!

NOW...what great shots your kids got of our beautiful southern Utah area. These shots look, to me, to be up toward the ZION NATL PARK area...but not
actually 'in the park itself'. More like the Duck Creek area, which is up Cedar City Canyon and Kolob Canyon sections, which are all part of those beautiful canyons that extend clear over to Bryce Canyon. They got some really great shots of the cliffs and streams though.

I had wondered if YOU have ever been back in this area, fishing, since you were here while the filming was going on, with your mom on location?

Did the kids get some good fishing in while here? I sure hope they did. I also see you had a guy from right here, in my town..Hurricane...who is a fisherman too..and must know the area quite well.

It's funny country here...because you can be in the desert area...like we are here in Hurricane and St. George..and then within 30 minutes to one hour, be in the high mountains, with forests and streams galore. I am one hour from Cedar City, where I just finished doing HARVEY..with many trips per week, to do that show..and Cedar City is a much higher altitude than we are. It was nice to be up there in the cool summer climate, but as soon as I turned off the freeway and into the Hurricane area, you got the hot desert heat again.

Please let me know, if you or the kids, come this way again for some fishing. I would love to meet up with you and say hi...

All My Best to You All...
Errol