​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SUSAN HAYWARD....AND..."SOUTH PACIFIC"..>>>>

Errol:

Yes, I'd heard that Susan didn't like the sex and violence in films when she turned down "The Graduate," although the sex in that film seems pretty tame now, doesn't it?

I had a different take on the actress Susan told the studio to use for "Cleopatra." I had read it was Liz Taylor, not Joan Collins, that Susan suggested, but who knows? I had also read that Susan thought herself too old for that part.

I also believe "The Three Faces of Eve" could have been a great move for Susan. I think by that point she had the depth to do the role justice, although Joanne Woodward certainly was excellent in it. It's just that she wasn't the star that Susan was, and putting Susan in the role would no doubt have helped the movie receipts, and would no doubt have given Susan another opportunity for an Oscar.

Your remembrances about the Pantages Theater were very interesting, Errol. Thanks for sharing them.