​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Woman Obsessed," on TV, November 13

Philippe...Thanks for the info on "Top Secret Affair".
I was not aware that it has been released for dvd, but glad to hear there is another Susan film out there that we can get now.

Ray...I agree with you on the boxed sets..and there seems to be this great 'mystery' with 20th and Susan films. It used to be that they never even showed her films on their channel, but now..(like with all their other films that are on there)..they play one over and over..and over. I used to like 20th because it was Susan's contact studio..but I think less of them more and more. Susan was their top box office draw until the..blonde-craze hit Hollywood and then the redheads, at all studios, seemed to become second best. Susan was then over and Marilyn Monroe was in. Grable had been before Susan's reign at Fox,
and Rita Hayworth was moved over for Kim Novak at Columbia. Rhonda Fleming and Arlene Dahl stepped aside for the likes of Jayne Mansfield and Mamie Van Doren. It all went in a big wave of blondes overtaking the redhead beauties.

But..with Susan and Fox...it has always been a mystery, to me, how they have slighted even showing her films. I sometimes think that is one of the reasons that TCM have not given Susan the Star of the Month, because a lot of Susan's films are still being 'held'..only at Fox.

I agree with writing letters and asking Fox..WHY!!