​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Books on Susan

Ginger,

I have read them all and had spoke briefly with Beverly when she was preparing her book - Beverly was someone I worked with on numerous occasions when I was a Publicist.

None of the books even come close to revealing who my Mother was...emotionally, she was isolated.

PT/TB

"Susan Hayward: Divine ******** was the title of the first printing of McClelland's book, in 1973. The second printing, in August 1975, after Susan's death, was re-titled "The Complete Life Story of Susan Hayward...Immortal Screen Star."

Paula, if you will go to ebay you can buy all the books at a fraction of the retail cost.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I wanted to share about my great finds. I have amassed quite a collection of dvd's and books. I found great bargains with abe's. In fact I have a hardback copy of red autographed by the author, Robert La Guardia for $7. I have been sharing my new found knowledge with my friends. We were all amazed about the prenup and so many other things Susan seemed so far ahead of her time. I was so fascinated by her when I was young watching her movies on tv with my grandmother. I remember being confused why Greg Peck was disappointed Susan wasn't Ava Gardner in " Snows of Kilamanjaro". I thought sober up man this woman is much prettier! We really enjoyed Rawhide and were on the edge of our seats. I had never seen that movie. I have over 20 movies and 5 books so I'll be busy for a while. Thank you again for all your help!