​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Found them! Susan Hayward/Cannes/The Pottery Shop and Others/Videos!

Ginger,

I have a place which says "Favorites" (even with American spelling) at the top of my Home Yahoo page. I just click (left) on that and it opens up to say ADD to favorites. Obviously, I have the video page open (but not running) at this point. It is a Godsend for sites I use all the time, such as yours!

Let me know how you get on with this.

Trish

Trish, thanks, but that will only save the page with the video on it as is.. if the owner of the page ever removes the video or closes the page, or if it's gone for any reason, then you won't have it at your disposal anymore. The video/s have to actually be saved itself to your computer, such as you save photos to your computer, but it's a little more complicated, and I'm going to try to find out. That's why for the time being, I am just going to try to record it from my camcorder..just point the camera at the screen while the video/s play...until I can figure out how to save the video to computer and then place on a cd.

my head is spinning again...lol

O.K. Ginger. Please let us all know when you come up with the answer.

Trish

okay.. in the meantime, we can continue to enjoy them as they are posted online.

Hi Ginger!

I had stopped by to watch the videos you have found and I enjoyed every one of them. It is great to see her other than in movies.

Thanks!

Ally

Hi Ally! It's good to hear from you! Yes, I was excited to find those videos again. They had previously been posted on another site (yahoo videos, and then taken off, so thankfully, I got lucky). They are so beautiful and interesting, and I'm really happy that you have had a chance to see your grandmother in this unique way.

Hey Ginger, this is truly an awesome find. What a treasure to behold. All the videos came in clear as "crystal" I love Susan's arrival at the airport and trolling thru the pottery shop. The shop looked very old and ancient. At the fesitval does anyone know who the blonde gal with the glittery gown was?
I thought it was Mamie Van Doren, but I don't think so. I noticed Ginger Rodgers and
I thought I saw Gene Tierney? Did Jess stay at home?
At any rate, they are just great. I also did as Trish recommended by adding them to MY Favorites. Good job Ginger,

Ray - the girl with the glittery gown was Diana Dors -a famous British film star who also, unfortunately, succumbed to cancer in her fifties. She proved she was more than just a glamour girl with fine acting in a film called (I believe) Yield To The Night.

Jess wasn't with Susan as this was April and May 1956 and they separated in 1953.

These videos are so fascinating giving us a glimpse of Susan as we have never seen her. I can't stop playing them! Ginger you are a treasure with having found them again.

Trish